8085 microprocessors

i have a doubt that though 8085 is a 8-bit processors why do we give input as a two 4-bit values?😒

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I am not 100 percent; but i think because computer do our task in hexadecimal format so may this be a reason.
    Correct me if i am wrong.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    n-bit microprocessor means how many bit can a microprocessor can process i.e as the operations.8bit means that microprocessor can process only 8bit addition , subtraction etc as in case.16 bit can process data of 16bit for any kind of operation to be performed.naturally the greater the number of bits to be processed the good it is.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    In 8085 or most other mu-p's, the default numbersystem base is hexadecimal.Whatever value we are storing in the registers it has to be in the hex. format. The mu-p will convert it into the equivalent binary & use it for further processing.Also the ALU i.e the accumulator of 8085 is 8-bit i.e. it can perform operations on 8-bit values.
    @rishi-I think most of the ALU's are 8-bit. It is the no. of operation cycles per sec. i.e. the internal oscillator frequency that matters. More no. of oprations will be performed per sec.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i have made an ADC using a microcontroller such that if i change the resistance the digital value changes from 0 to 255. i have interfaced this to a...
Hello guy's, As we know we have the facility to interprete your java script and HTML code on our blog. Any one have idea how to embed our java applet...
SiliconIndia surveyed people from the IT industry to find out top 10 reasons why people quit their job in IT industry. 1. Mismatch between the promised job and the situation...
hi guys, please explain about single phase and multi phase uncontrolled rectifiers with R,RL,and back emf load
Share all the commands used in Ubuntu Terminal window .....