8085 microprocessor logical instructions won't affect the carry flag, right?

I read that logical instructions won't affect the carry flag.if so XRA A can clear the carry or not?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    The answer depends upon the logical instruction you are using. For example, CMC does complement the carry flag despite being a logical instruction.

The best way to find whether or not a logical instruction changes carry status is to implement it in a small program. Track the status of carry flag before and after the execution of the instruction.

That is the only sure free method to study any instruction in 8085 microprocessor. No textbooks, no Internet.
  • Sanjaykmr852
    Sanjaykmr852
    Thanks..I studied 3 buses in 8085 like address bus,data bus,controlbus. But physically how many buses are connected with 8085?
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Well, as per the convectional wisdom, the number of buses in 8085 is equal to number of electrical wires that you can spot. It is because technically speaking, a bus is a physical connection between two components and it is meant to transmit electrical signals between them.

For the sake of simplicity and understanding, the less important connections (in context to programming) were excluded from being called as buses.
    • It is because, either way, you don't have to deal with them during your programming.
    • For example: - you do not need the wire's information connecting two decoders during your programming session. You assume that it is already connected.
    In context to programming, however, the buses are classified as data, control and address bus because we are interested in their state.

To summarize:
    • any electrical connection = bus
    • a subset of connections that is relevant in context to programming is either a data, control or address bus.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I want to ask if I can put my own content on the website in the form of tutorials (notes) in various fields such as computer science and electronics...
How many candidates did appeared for C-CAT(CDAC) 2015 ?
i am doing project on solar led street lights with auto intensity control. In this project decided to include following features i.e 1)LED bulb should on and off and also...
Fitness band is the modern fitness enthusiast's must-wanted gadget. Jumping into the trendy bandwagon is the Indian electronic brand YU Televentures, a company partly owned by Micromax Mobile, with its...
A new malware is creating havoc in India by gaining control of critical computer systems until a ransom is paid. Called 'TeslaCrypt Ransomware', the malware has been upgraded to the...