8 bit processor

what is mean by 8bit,16bit, 32bit microprocessor.what is describing this bit size. plz explain in detail

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    The size describes the capacity of microprocessor to perform the arithmatic & logical operations. It means that 8-bit microprocessor can do arithmetic & logical operations directly on 8-bit numbers, but it cant perform such operations on 16-bit numbers. Similarly, 16-bit & 32-bit microprocessor can do perform such operation on 16 bit & 32 bit numbers respectively.
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    And one more thing I forgot to tell is that the size of microprocessor registers are fixed and is describe by the 8-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit. Or we can say more generally that this size describes the length of the accumalator.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good morning, My name is Moraali. I am currently doing a project, but I have a problem on the cable communication issue for more than 6 months. FPGA is a...
It's official! CE get's its own official blog. Read the first post (announcement) -> VoiCE Do not forget to let us know your thoughts, ideas through your comments. ​
I just saw the new landing page ... good show!
On winning and losing "She was right, and I knew it. I apologized, and gave some thought to winning and losing, and how to handle each. When you win, you...
Hello Frnds... My name is rishabh.I m pursuin my B.Tech frm NIT Allahabad(if u knw..lol).. Well!!i m in 2nd year.I dont have many ideas abt discipline of engineering...bt yess watever...