700k Android Phones Are Activated Every Day!

Looks like the Geeks are adopting Android at a faster rate than ever before and Android is rapidly gaining market share from iOS and other operating systems. According to Google's Andy Rubin, the company is noticing 700000 Android phone activations everyday! It's important to note that just few months ago in June; Andry Rubin said that Google was activating about 500k Android devices daily. The number is super large!

What do you think is a major factor in Android's success?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Open source, thousands of applications and developers, cool look, good usability and ergonomics, opportunity to use the hardware resources and software possibilities fully and the brand name Google.

I find a lot of people opting for android just because there are tons of applications. And there are another group who just want to have their devices have a cool sleek look, again android wins here. And a more advanced group who like developing applications and harnessing the hardware and software possibilities completely which is impossible in the case of iOS, Symbian or Windows.

Symbian was my all time favourite, wish it had some serious updates that could possibly eclipse over Android and iOS 😁 *kind of impossible now*
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree with lal here.

Another reason could be that Devices running iOS are priced way too high? 😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia is phasing out the Symbian operating system and now planning to release the latest operating system update - Belle. The company through an official post on their blog said...
1)A person has 14 full filled bottle,14 half filled botttle and 14 empty bottles.He needs to share these for 3 persons equally.How he is going to do this? 2)A:B=4,B:C=9 then...
hi i'm currently studying 2nd year mechanical and would like to present paper presentation in some colleges.Can anyone give some topics ,advices and tips about it???
Please update the new events taking place in the field of mechanical engineering. So pls everyone share their knowledge. 😉
I configured the outlook recently with my live mail id. The problem that I'm facing is whenever I open it , it automatically downloads thousands of my old emails, which...