6th c++ Problem

have a look of this code
#include
#define square(x)x*x
void main()
{
int b,a=4;
b=64/square(a);
cout<Tell me the output...?and if it gives wrong output then give me correct output?
ie i want b=4

Replies

• Mangesh6688
    Mangesh6688
    The output of this program is 64 which is wrong.
    Because the #define square(x) x*x means it will replace the square(x) by x*x
    so in program b=64/square(a) will be replaced by b=64/a*a;
    As in c++ both / and * has equal priority the expression will be as follows:
    b=(64/4)*4; i.e. b=16*4 = 64

So for getting correct output our program should be
    #include
    #define square(x) (x*x)
    void main()
    {
    int b,a=4;
    b=64/square(a);
    cout<

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    yes you are absolutely right

and nice explanation mangesh

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I Believe we have lot of CEans who have given thier CCNA exams. One thing which I am unable to find - is a proper lab set up . I...
Googsystray Version: 1.0.3 File Size: 8747 License: Free Googsystray is a system tray application designed for Google Voice, GMail, Google Calendar, and Google Reader. This application will notify you on...
A man checked into a hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally typed wrong e-mail address,...
Hi I know vbulletin has this option where you can add prefix to the thread. I think this will be particularly useful in forums that are shared by two different...
Hi there, Civil engineer here. I have a diploma in civil engineering but now working towards getting a degree. My main reason for joining this forum is to keep my...