64-Bit Google Chrome Available For Download On Windows 7 & 8

The impatient early adopters of web browsers may fire up their #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# download channels to download 64-bit Google Chrome on Windows 8 and 7 machines. Google's Will Harris has officially announced the 64-bit version of Chrome via the official Chromium Blog just a few hours ago. Note that these builds will replace your existing version; but keep all your settings, tweaks as well as bookmarks intact. You need not perform uninstall of your current Chrome to install the new one. But be aware that these builds are meant for the devs and unless you know what you are doing; we'd advise you to stay with the Gold release.

Harris mentions that a large number of Windows 7 users have capable systems that can run 64-bit software. The Chrome 64-bit comes with newer capabilities and performance improvements to promise speed along with stability. The 64-bit Chrome lets you enjoy the full optimisations offered by the processors and compilers along with an updated instruction set. The new Chrome will do exceptionally well when it comes to rendering graphics and multimedia content. The tests done by Google Chrome team indicate about 25% improvement in speed.

Chrome-64-Bit-Windows-Download

Chrome 64 bit takes advantages of latest security features such as High Entropy ASLR on Windows 8 systems. The dev team has taken care of advance threats like JIT spraying and heap partitioning. The developer team also promises better stability in the 64-bit version over the current 32-bit versions. The team observed 50% reduction in crash rates of the web content renderer processes.

Do not forget to share your experience and #-Link-Snipped-# with the Chrome developer team and help making Chrome better for the mankind.

Source: Chromium Blog: Try out the new 64-bit Windows Canary and Dev channels

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nature’s designs have always been more successful, foolproof and energy efficient that most manmade designs. Humans have always sought inspiration from these designs to build machines and this time this...
By a patent filled by Facebook (link here), they are now allowing even kids under-13 to create an account as long as they receive an approval from the parents. From...
i have a genuine windows 8 on my laptop, if i update it to windows 8.1 do i have to get a new registration key for that to make it...
For more than three years Mozilla has been developing a JavaScript tailored, WebGL utilizing browser based gaming engine called PlayCanvas. PlayCanvas is a JavaScript library engineered for the video game...
I have a confution to choose my final year project.