5 Tips for Setting Realistic Project Expectations

Quote:
Quite a few companies and teams that I encounter have an expectations problem. They have unrealistic expectations for the time and effort that it takes to develop an embedded system. On the spectrum between pessimistic and optimistic, they typically blow past optimistic into the fantasy land zone. The result is often debilitating, stressful, late, and buggy embedded systems. What can development teams do to avoid unrealistic expectations? Here are five tips developers can use to help ensure they set expectations that are realistic and not fantasy.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a list of top scorers. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the list. Those who didn't, start preparing for the next one. It's going to be even more...
Hi Founde/Admin of CE, I wanted to ask few questions: I really excited to know about how did you get started CE? What are the things you've considered? What are...
I've often wondered why isn't there a permanent cure for common cold. For me, the cold has always followed up with cough and I've hated it like anything. However, now...
GPS aka Global Positioning System is US technology operated by US Air Force and used globally by gadgets to determine their exact location on the planet. India is now advancing...
The upcoming JIO phone is in News. With it, it was in market that the WhatsApp will not work on the JIO phone. The reason being this is, it works...