5.4v automatic shut off- how?

hello all im new to the forum and hope you can help me,

im curently making a discharger for my rc car batterys (7.2v and 9.6v) and i need it to discharge each cell to 0.9v whitch works out that it needs to automaticly turn the bulb off when the voltage drops to 5.4v and on another discharger 7.2v, how can i do this? i have crocodile clips 607 if somone could show me on that or just tell me

thanks in advance

Replies

• KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    First of all. . . hello, Rckid!
    Second of all, I may not be of any help to you, because I am but an aspiring engineer, but just wait for one of our older, more wiser members to help you out. I'm still a novice at electrical engineering.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    KINETIC_JOULES
    First of all. . . hello, Rckid!
    Second of all, I may not be of any help to you, because I am but an aspiring engineer, but just wait for one of our older, more wiser members to help you out. I'm still a novice at electrical engineering.
    Is this thread is meant for Spamming...? :music:At least last reply suggest so... If you do not have idea about something, and thread is not intended for you; you should not reply to that thread....๐Ÿ˜ It seems people are interested in increasing their post count ๐Ÿ˜.

No offense means ...:sleepy:

-Crazy
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    At the top of my head, you could try using op-amps/comparators along with zener diodes (as a voltage referencer) to provide the cut-offs you need.

crazyboy, please check you PM if you havent done so ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Hi buddy, using an comparator is a fine idea!!!...you can even use a relay,having rating wat u need,once the voltage or current drops below it will trip,it will remove the descreate circuits
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    crazyboy
    Is this thread is meant for Spamming...? :music:At least last reply suggest so... If you do not have idea about something, and thread is not intended for you; you should not reply to that thread....๐Ÿ˜ It seems people are interested in increasing their post count ๐Ÿ˜.

No offense means ...:sleepy:

-Crazy
    Maybe I should quit posting then? And how was that spamming? If that's the case, then I'll stop posting.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Maybe I should quit posting then? And how was that spamming? If that's the case, then I'll stop posting.
    Its just a little misunderstanding.

Crazyboy may think its spam. For Rckid, it may mean something else. The fact that there are times when people hardly reply your post, you'd think people are ignoring you. So I think Kinetic requests Rckid to be patient in advanced.

My thoughts ๐Ÿ˜‰

I just realised why those voltages are so unusual.. they are the summation of 1.2V cells, yeah? Must be a special type of battery construction for RC cars.

I've used Crocodile before. Quite an interesting program ๐Ÿ˜‰ Exploding components and moving gears.. you'd hardly get that in industry-type electrical simulation software.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well diffrent battery ratings cant be tat a problem as far as car battery goes voltage is not that precise,anyhow Rckid,how u really wanna control and do u need a feedbavk???
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    Its just a little misunderstanding.

Crazyboy may think its spam. For Rckid, it may mean something else. The fact that there are times when people hardly reply your post, you'd think people are ignoring you. So I think Kinetic requests Rckid to be patient in advanced.
    Exactly. Thank you. Crazyboy has apologized and told me he didn't mean harm, so we are cool now.
    And you got it right; I was just simply telling him that there would soon be posts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

im in hull - england, keen on engineering and electronics, i play bass guitar and own a tl01 1/10 RC touring car anyway, Hi
Does someone on the moon fall at 1/6th of the speed on earth or at 2/5ths of the speed? This has caused much more debate than I anticipated, so I...
Hi all, Where to find and how to import the Orcad Pspice model of LTC4088EDE?
i am not getting the graph in 3ds max when i run the application please help me.๐Ÿ˜•
hii...i'm mech engg. student n rite now m in final year Plls do suggest me bout a mini project in automobiles....