404 error page

Hello CEans!

I thought of replacing the normal (& boring) 404 error page by a page that displays a funny message.

So, drop in your ideas about what message would you like to see on the errror page.

Here's my idea:

404....Damn!
Don't look as if it was my fault!
Go to CrazyEngineers

โ€‹
FYI (For Your Information):
The 404 or Not Found error message is an HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server.

-The Big K-

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Below it, add our slogan : Uniting Engineers across the world! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    More ideas, anyone?

-The Big K-
  • Neha
    Neha
    I think the message Biggie thought of suits well and as already suggested we can include slogan below..watsay CE-ans??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, that's a good idea for sure. But I still think we can come up with something better ( & ridiculous ๐Ÿ˜ )

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    how to see 404 page?

One stupid question - how to see 404 error page? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    let me answer this

crook
    One stupid question - how to see 404 error page? ๐Ÿ˜€
    That was not a stupid question, Crook.

Error 404 is displayed when the client communicated with the server, but the server could not find what was requested.

Typically you would get error 404 (Page Not Found) when you enter an invalid URL. Let me know if you need further information.

-The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    How about something like ...

Looking up in all the wrong places are you ... now shoo ... off to CrazyEngineers ..

i know its a lil cheeky .. but cant help it ๐Ÿ˜
  • akravikanth
    akravikanth
    the popular 404 error displayed in PHP CMS is:

"More than a billion websites, and you had to pick this one" with this image

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a lovely 404 error page, akravikanth ๐Ÿ˜€ !

I guess we need to design a mascot on our own. Anyone graphically inclined over here ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • rahul dev choud
    rahul dev choud
    Slogan should be like dis ------

CE-ans breaking da rules......
  • crazy
    crazy
    slogan must be there it should be like this
    'CE-an rules'

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Fantastic ideas coming up over here! ๐Ÿ˜€

I personally like the idea of having a cartoon caracter driving people away from the error page ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

Btw, let's have more ideas coming up! Ideas! That's the only thing which limits us

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think once a while we should have a confrence ... say once in a month atleast active members... .... Neha... aashima... namtrata....crook.... biggi ...me ... Prady pop.... jerry .......
i got a doubt.. wen v join a new job ...we'll b having training period wat's the need of it..is it only for freshers
Unfortunately, we see lots of slangs in the posts of late. This is not restricted to this site alone but in general. Instead of using "u," we should type "you."...
Hi CEans! Probably we are the first one to report this- I just found out that www.netscape.com has been hacked ! Try visiting the site and you will know. -The...
hii everybody! can nybody plz tell me how can i improve my communication skills? ny website ??