3 Idiots Vs Five Point Someone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The current hot debate going on in the entertainment space is that whether the movie 3 Idiots is based on Chetan Bhagat's bastseller Five Point Someone?

Now CEans who have read the book and watched the movie can very well tell us.

So what is your opinion guys?

I think it can be said as the base them of the novel that is clearly reflected in the movie. 😒

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Alas! I have neither watched the movie nor read the book..
    but i am very anxious to know about your views ceans.
    I want to know a person named 'vidhu vinod chopra' who gave us message of 'Gandhi giri'
    can cheat someone or not?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    The point is it is the Gandhigiri style of gaining publicity and arousing the audiences curosity and interest 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I have read the Novel and also seen the movie...

My 2 cents on this, movie is a bit influenced from the novel. However, as per me author (Chetan Bhagat) or anybody shouldn't claim that they have copied the movie script with novel (As there are a lots of change in the movie script than the novel).

-CB
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Heh .. I dont see what the debate is all about ... especially after going through this site.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've read the book and watched the movie. Few parts of the movie have been taken from the book.

There's no point in debating about similarities or differences. Chetan Bhagat & Aamir Khan may have a deal on this. Create controversay, media buzz et al and get more people to watch the movie.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    The_Big_K
    I've read the book and watched the movie. Few parts of the movie have been taken from the book.

There's no point in debating about similarities or differences. Chetan Bhagat & Aamir Khan may have a deal on this. Create controversay, media buzz et al and get more people to watch the movie.

Ya Big_k, you are right...
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    i have read the book and watched movie also,yes we can say that movie is influenced by the novel to some extent 😀
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    The_Big_K

Well you are right, BigK

that is what I said in my second post in this thread too
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Both the book & the movie are very much different from each other. But the movie sounds like it was made intentionally to divert it from actual story in the book . So of those addition don't fit well in the story like the operation scene & are quite difficult to digest by Indian janta . Altogether the movie is good but writer should be given little more credit as the movie was made by taking the book as its base. And after the movie got released, the director asks the writer "hum apke hai kaun"! Thats not fair yaar!
    I don't think it was publicity stunt!
  • callyD
    callyD
    I second vik001ind's opinion. Movie is definitely based on five point someone... you can not take credit the brilliance of Chetan.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello I'm a B Tech 3 rd yr Electronics and Communication student.i'm interested in doing summer training in embedded technologies or java.kindly suggest me soe companies where i can improve...
I received a nice story in my inbox, thought I should share it with the gang as well... A jobless man applied for the position of "office boy" at Microsoft....
I would like to share this email attachment I received. Google Docs
Yesterday, I was having an interesting discussion with couple of my collegues in office on Banking topic. After the discussion, when i reconciled the things, I noticed that many of...
gDoc Creator Version: 2.10 License: Free The gDoc product downloads provide you with the ability to trial the software prior to purchase. The downloaded software gives you full product functionality...