26/11: No justice to victims, govt. spends Rs. 31 Crore on Kasab

Guess how much India is spending on keeping the sole surviving 26/11 Pakistani terrorist alive and healthy in prison? Over Rs. 30 crore and counting.
As India observes the first anniversary of the terror attack on Mumbai, the cash-strapped Democratic Front government in Maharashtra has so far spent a staggering Rs. 31 crore, or nearly Rs. 85 lakh per day, to keep the 21-year-old terrorist from the Pakistani town of Faridkot safe and secure enough to stand trial.

[FONT="][/FONT]Besides the special prison cell, another cell was created inside JJ Hospital for Kasab's treatment. "We spent nearly Rs. 1 crore for the creation of a bullet-proof cell on the JJ Hospital premises. But he was never taken there, instead, doctors were summoned to the Arthur Road jail, whenever Kasab had a health problem

Write your opinion

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    what can we say??
    you can awake the person who is sleeping.. but can't awake the person who has already awaken but acting as he is sleeping........
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    very true...but if they act to sleep we have to use drums nearby to make noise to awake them

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, If you are reading this and not yet a member of CE, join us today and help us set another milestone! Today's our 4th anniversary and we are just...
Here is a comic that describes a software engineer's life through two simple images. One at work and the other at home. This happens to me all the time- What...
please give me some real time applications on quicksort.😕
Can anyone tell me how much torque is required to rotate the steering of a car which has no power assist in running and stationary conditions???.... this is an emergency......
I need to determine the maximum voltage swing for a Transistor circuit I have constructed. I have researched it in books and online but I'm struggling to understand it. The...