CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • crook

MemberOct 20, 2007

Nothing else comes closer to man landing on moon. I can only try to imagine how much efforts & engineering it required to take man into space.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • LORD_EC

MemberOct 20, 2007

Greatest engineering achievement- God sent an engineer on earth on 26th June,1987.
    I think that was the biggest achievement for this world to have such an engineer-LORD_EC

Lol
    Cancel
  • Rocker

MemberOct 20, 2007

LORD_EC
    Greatest engineering achievement- God sent an engineer on earth on 26th June,1987.
    I think that was the biggest achievement for this world to have such an engineer-LORD_EC

Lol
    Are your parents engineers? 😉
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberOct 21, 2007

Lol @ LORD_EC

I suppose I have to agree with Crook. At first I wanted to say the Sputnik launch by the USSR (Russia) was the greatest, but after weighing that with a human landing on Moon, can't compare in terms of technical achievement 😛

Rather, Sputnik's launch was more the most "significant" engineering achievement in the 20th century. It sparked the space age race, plus, it actually led to the creation of US's NASA!

Back to the landing of Moon.. it combined many different disciplines of engineering with their respective breakthroughs. Mechanical: aeronautics, dynamics, statics, engines, rocket structure, Chemical: rocket fuel, oxygen supply, Material: space suits, rocket shielding/skin, Electrical/Electronics: power supplies, life support systems, computers and most importantly, communications 😉... amongst others. It requires alot of effort!

Can't wait until we land a man on Mars 😉 Maybe some of us Crazy Engineers will take part in it! haha
    Cancel
  • Prasad Ajinkya

MemberJan 9, 2008

TCP/IP - By Tim Berners - Lee, who is ofer often referred to as Father of the Internet. Last time I heard, he was working in Google, on the Inter-Planetary Internet. Wherein, data-packets will be sent ala satellites into orbits via different planets which would be acting like nodes in a network.

Why does this qualify - well, without this, we would not be surfing on the different sites. Information per say would not have been that free and accessible to everyone.
    Cancel
  • MaRo

MemberJan 10, 2008

Von Neumann Architecture

- There woudn't be Personal Computers
    - No Internet
    - No Moon landing
    - No CrazyEngineers 😁
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 10, 2008

MaRo
    Von Neumann Architecture

- There woudn't be Personal Computers

- No CrazyEngineers 😁
    Aye! 😁

Let's say we get first place in 21st Century Greatest Engineering Achievements.

Cancel
  • EGYSHIMO

MemberJan 25, 2008

i think it was computer and internet... without it .. there was no development
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorNov 6, 2011

What else can we add to the list here?

Would like to listen the thoughts of new CEans.
    Cancel
  • KenJackson

MemberDec 21, 2011

The Transistor!

Without it, there would only be <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eniac" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">ENIAC - Wikipedia</a> computers, no PCs, and few of them and governments would own them all.

And radios and TVs would be bigger and less reliable. And there would be no portable MP3 players or even Walkmans, and certainly no smartphones. And we would probably still be winding our wristwatches every morning.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register