17" LCD Monitor with VGA & BNC input

Hi ,
This time i need a small support from my feloow CE'ians..😀

Need to know which brand manufactures 17" LCD monitor with BNC & VGA input both & what shall be its price in INDIA...is it a bit tough one😉

Replies

• hetal prajapati
    hetal prajapati
    please tell me about vga i have dvd player in which a vga port is there bihind it why it is provided and what is use of this
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    I have installed VGA driver in my computer system so now I can play small games on pc but when I try to run big games It needs for grphics driver .can anyone tell me Is it necessary to have graphics driver to run those type of games?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think VGA's got anything to do with graphics driver (correct me if I'm wrong). VGA is only to connect to the display.

You need special hardware to run advance games.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @ just2rock
    there are many manufacturers making the kind of monitor you want. Am sure about LG, BenQ and Samsung as I have seen it in market. the price is usually high than the conventional monitors. I am not sure about 17" onces but 19"(18.5 actually) will cost you approx 11000 INR, 22" will cost around 14000 and 23 will cost around 16000. The approx prices are of LG, kindly check out with local electronic appliances dealers for other brands. this was just to give you an estimate.

@hetal
    the vga port provided is to make the dvd player compatible with vga output devices such as computer monitors. So in such cases you can connect the monitor and watch your media on it.

@ shreya

VGA is the simplest type of graphic output that we have on computers. It too requires drivers that are usually provided by the operating system itself. In earlier operating systems, one had to install those manually. But the ones provided are generic and specific driver sets must be installed for better performance. I guess your meaning of graphics drivers means the specific drivers. If you are trying to play latest games which require more graphical power then you may need a good graphic card.

VGA has got nothing to do with games. Games require video/graphics memory(or ram) to be run on a computer. Most motherboards come with inbuilt graphics memory (onboard graphics) . Remember that all graphical objects need graphical memory to run. Even the operating system requires some amount of it to run and that is the one motherboards have onboard graphical memory installed. The onboard memory (generally 256 MB or 512 MB) is genrally sufficient to run the OS and some basic games on the system(and are therefore called as onboard/shared graphical memory). But for latest games, the requirement is more in terms of bandwidth, speed and texture units which these onboards wont be able to provide. Therefore we need to install video/graphic cards for such heavy graphical operations . These will provide dedicated graphical memory to the games and will be much better in terms of specifications and will be sufficient to run the latest games. Ofcourse there are various models of them out there so make sure you get the one according to your needs when buying one..
    For a quickie, remember that graphical ram comes in the types GDDR2,GDDR3 and GDDR5 with 2<3<5 that is GDDR5 being the best one.
    a 512MB GDDR5 will anytime be better than even 1 GB DDR2 (there are exceptions too ). Amongst GDDR series, a higher bit interface will be a better one. for eg. a 256 bit GDDR5 isc better than 128 bit GDDR5 of same capacity.
    Hope you get a (tiny) picture from these 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great information, Opti! 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    BNC input eh.. I think it'll be a lot easier if you use a BNC-VGA converter instead. If you need easy switching between the inputs, perhaps a KVM switch can be used so you can just use one VGA input on the monitor.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    ash
    BNC input eh.. I think it'll be a lot easier if you use a BNC-VGA converter instead. If you need easy switching between the inputs, perhaps a KVM switch can be used so you can just use one VGA input on the monitor.
    a cheap china made kvm will cost around 800 INR and good branded ones are much costlier. I would prefer spending that amount on a bnc+vga monitor tv (and lessen the mess of wires added by the kvm switch).

but a converter is a good suggestion in case of a tight budget as it will save a couple of thousand rupees but i would still suggest for a standard bnc+vga if price is not an issue.
  • sherya mathur
    sherya mathur
    thanks to optimystix for proving great help

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've got this report due in on the 20th of April. Basic outline dictates that we are to write up on the tasks we've been set to do during class....
Hi Guys, I am planning to buy a Thunder Bird Next month. I have driven the bike few times from friends and did test drive also. The new RE TB...
Manufacturer and distributor of instruments for water quality testing capitalizes on business benefits after first year of deployment SDL Maidenhead - UK, 15th April 2009 SDL, the leading provider of...
Microsoft's Office team has officially announced a Service Pack 2 for Office 2007, which adds some speed, reliability, and printing improvements across the board. The major new new thing? Native......
I have been trying to solve this issue for a while now and have finally caved in to ask for some help. Can someone give me some advice on how...