160By2 Acquired By Way2SMS

160By2 is a service that lets you send free SMS to India to any mobile network. The service claims that it's 12 million users and Out of the 160 characters of a standard SMS, 160x2 offers 140 characters to send your Personal SMS and I think the rest is used for advertising - which generates revenues for the service.

The good news is that Way2SMS - another similar service has acquired 160by2. Do we have any service users who can update us about the acquisition? We'd like to know the details of acquisition.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is there any news on what's the amount for which the company got acquired? Should be a few million dollars 😀 160x2 is a popular service. Let's see what Way2SMS does with it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG - the leading TV company has launched world's biggest OLED screen Television. Apart from being drop dead gorgeous, the TV is, hold your breath, only 4 mm thick! 😨...
dear sir/madam existing ground floor home, load bearing wall (no column,no beam) with R.C.C. flate roof (1) can it convert it into R.C.C. column,beam for upper floor (I mean first...
We've had similar debates before; but this one specifically targets donating money to religious institutions versus giving money to the road side beggars. One of the points made was -...
This thread aims at discussing residual electricity and the amount of losses it accounts for. An estimate is that residual electricity is responsible for ~10% power loss. If that's true,...
OLED technology is on its way to becoming mainstream technology in displays. LG recently introduced 55" OLED TV and I'm quite sure that other companies will follow. Referring to Wikipedia...