145-inch Ultra High Definition Plasma Display - Stop Going to the Theaters

NHK, Japan announced this 145-inch Ultra High Definition plasma display, which has 16 times the resolution of a regular Full HD display. This prototype was co-developed with Panasonic. And the video will make you go - ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜˜

Some people are saying that this would be great to view images taken with Nokia 41 megapixel camera. ๐Ÿ˜›

I think if we have this display at home, we won't bother going to the cinema theaters anymore. Stay at home, sit back and enjoy with popcorn and other treats.

PS: It does not support 3D. (not that I care.)

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    8000X4000... That is a resolution of a whopping 32 mega pixels ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜จ That's a whole lot, for a TV.

Anyhow, as it is said in the video, it will probably take a while before it comes to be used for non-commercial purposes.. I can see this being used for displaying ads and such. but other than that, not a lot.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now we know what to do with the yet-to-be-launched Nokia PureView phone ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How could the electronics giant LG remain behind in the race for the cloud? The company promised that they will launch the 'LG Cloud' service, that will let you upload...
A fairly safe cryogenic reaction engine. https://www.instructables.com/id/10000-rpm-ping-pong-ball/
I've not bought anything from Junglee yet; but it's been quite some time that Junglee has been launched by Amazon to taste the Indian e-commerce waters. There were price comparisons...
When Gmail launched they offered free POP and IMAP access to their mailboxes right away, out of the box. However, Yahoo asked users to upgrade their mailboxes and enable the...
Nokia Asha 202 has been launched in India at a price tag of Rs. 4149. Here are the set of features you should be aware of - Dual SIM 2.4"...