13" Macbook Pro (Retina) Is Overpriced (in India) - Your Opinion?

I've been flipping the pages on the Internet to find out whether the recently launched MacBook Pro 13" has been launched in India. I just got an email from Apple that directed me to the MacBook Pro 13" page on Apple India's website. I searched for the price of this machine and was bit disappointed to see that it's priced at whooping Rs. 1,15,000. I'm not sure whether the price includes taxes.

I'm even wondering whether including Retina display on the MacBook Pro machines was a good move by Apple. Sure, these displays are gorgeous, but they shot up the price of the machines by a huge difference. The current price makes these machine even unaffordable to those who had almost decided to switch to Apple.

Given the features and the price, do you think MacBook Pro with retina displays are worth the investment? I don't see any major improvement in the tech specs that'd really make a difference to computing.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The MACBook has a SSD Hard Disk with flash memory storage capacity, and that's costly. I'm not sure if it's SSD or SSD Raid. If you compare it with Sony Vaio (with SSD technology), the price is almost similar. And if you get it for 1.15 lakh rupees, it's good. The Intel Ultrabook is also equipped with SSD technology. Compare and see.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is rolling out for the Galaxy S3 phones in India. The firmware is being made available through Kies software and also over...
Study conducted by Ericsson ConsumerLab shows that an average of 1 hour and 7 minutes are spent by the Generation z [youngsters between 9 - 18 ] on Facebook. Approximately...
Just wondering whether anyone among CEans have bought the iPhone 5. There've been rumors that the phone got sold out on the very first day of the launch. But it...
Chinese computer maker Lenovo has become the worlds #1 laptop maker in the world. Contrary to the belief that the PC market is dying, Lenovo has proved the trend wrong....
Absolute Zero: The moments of irony in an engineering college. Another one of those delicious moments -