11th Anniversary Quiz - [Correct Answers]

1. Nicolaus Otto built the first practical _________ called the "Otto Cycle Engine," and when he completed his engine, he built it into a motorcycle. What did he build?

• Cryogenic Engine
  • Steam Engine
  • Four Stroke I.C. Engine
  • Train Engine
Correct Answer: Four Stroke I.C. Engine

2. The name of this person is Steve. He co-founded a successful internet business and sold it off in early 2000s. Who is this?

[​IMG]

• Steve Smith of Champions Australia
  • Steve Wokniak of America Online
  • Steve Case of America Online
  • Steve Ballmer of Microsoft
Correct Answer: Steve Case of America Online

3. Which of the following was invented by Benjamin Franklin?
  • Bifocal lenses
  • Fountain Pen
  • Silver Coins
  • Telephone
Correct Answer: Bifocal lenses

4. How do we know a network hardware device that modulates one or more carrier wave signals to encode digital information for transmission?

Correct Answer: Modem

5. ‘After Effects’ is a popular video processing tool by which of the following companies?
  • Google
  • Microsoft
  • Adobe
  • Opera
Correct Answer: Adobe

6. This is an earlier version of what?

[​IMG]
  • Canon
  • Washing Machine
  • Copier
  • Electric Pump
Correct Answer: Washing Machine

7. ___________ was a French mathematician and physicist born in Auxerre and best known for initiating the investigation of a series named after him and the applications of the series to problems of heat transfer and vibrations. Who are we talking about?
  • Joseph Fourier
  • Napoleon Venn
  • Leonardo Fibonacci
  • Pierre Varignon
Correct Answer: Joseph Fourier

8. Theodolite is an instrument which has a rotating telescope for measuring horizontal and vertical angles. Which engineer is most likely to use this instrument?
  • Civil Engineer
  • Computer Engineer
  • Chemical Engineer
  • Metallurgical Engineer
Correct Answer: Civil Engineer

9. He is COO of a famous social media company who just stepped down and will be replaced by A. Noto. Which company are we talking about?

[​IMG]
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
Correct Answer: Twitter

10. In 1930s a Hungarian newspaper editor frustrated by the amount of time that he wasted filling up fountain pens and cleaning up smudged pages, noticed that inks used in newspaper printing dried quickly, leaving the paper dry and smudge free. He invented something using this and patented it in 1938. What item that we regularly use was thus invented?
  • Lead Pencil
  • Stain Cleaning Detergent
  • Fountain Pen
  • Ballpoint Pen
Correct Answer: Ballpoint Pen

11. Which open-source software framework for distributed storage and processing of very large data sets on computer clusters built from commodity hardware was named after the elephant toy of the son of its creator Doug Cutting?
  • Hadoop
  • Cassandra
  • Ambari
  • Linux
Correct Answer: Hadoop

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Meizu M5 Note, latest from the dedicated Chinese smartphone company Meizu will soon change its status from rumored to newborn as the delayed launch date has been fixed for...
Just a few days back in Connect 2016, Microsoft announced some great dev tools, the new Xamarin updates, and the Visual Studio 2017. Everyone fell in love with it right...
Hi, I am a very old CEian, and had been away for some time here. Nothing has changed much for me. The interest and craziness towards engineering hasn't seen any...
Hello guys, I really need help, I'm desperate please find it in your heart to help me, basically I've been asked to use Staad Pro, I have no problem in...
Mada Seghete grew up in Romania where the curriculum was heavily focused on learning math. She used to go match contests and used the money she won as prize to...