1.2 million Indian Engineering Graduates in 2014 - Will there be takers?

Apparently IT industry hires about a third of engineering graduates annually. Nasscom projections paint a dismal picture for 2013 with intake to fall to 100,000 hired. It is scary to think of what would happen to the 1.2 + million expected to graduate in 2014.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Is this just scare mongering or should some proactive action be thought of by all cocerned?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I bet the number is even larger. Only 20% or less are employable.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I wonder, why students join Engineering with out interest in that Field. Engineering is a field, where we have to think out of the box, And It comes only by interest.
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    1.2 million will be graduated by 2014, I will be one of those. But I bet if you check How Many of those qualify GATE/CAT or get Good Job, Numbers will fall down to 10%

P.S. In my class to, about 110 of Mech Students, I find about 10-12 talented ones..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am sure that you will be one among ten, otherwise you will not be on CE!
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    Oh...Thanks for you appreciation...Actually Its very nice feeling to have such comments from experienced people like you 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm reading the C programming book, but I just want to know these things: 1. Linux is an operating system or it is just a "Kernel" ... 2. How "Kernel"...
Hi everyone: My name is Humberto Mendoza and I'm from Nicaragua. I'm a civil engineering student finishing my thesis (Earthquake-Resistant Connections in Precast Concrete Frames) for the degree of Civil...
We've covered quite a bit of Honda on VoiCE. The auto giant is known for their contribution to robotics. The company has just forayed into the automatic lawnmower markets with...
come , lets all learn together..... isnt learing fun???😀
Recently the Internet saw big publications taking strict actions against the authors who plagiarized content (basically, copied from other sources and published it as their own). Fareed Zakaria and Jonah...