Unveiling The New CrazyEngineers

Howdy CEans! We're super excited to roll out the all new CrazyEngineers (CE) to all of you. This roll-out is one of the biggest changes in the history of CE; because as you've noticed - we've adopted a new logo along with a brand new, flat design comprising mostly of red/black and white colors. We've put in a lot of efforts in the past few days to ensure that everything works fine; but as always - we'll rely on your feedback to help us discover and fix any broken pieces.

logo
Our New Logo​

Getting Used To The New CE

The new CrazyEngineers has several changes and features. Some of the most exciting ones are as follows-
  • The navigation bar has been shifted adjacent to the logo, saving space.
  • The navigation bar is now sticky; so that you always have quick access to the menu and all your alerts.
  • The sidebar is now collapsible. If you want bigger real estate, without any distractions; simply collapse it. Well, have you already discovered how to do that? If not, just ask below!
  • Better Mobile Design: Reading experience on mobile phones and tablets is awesome!
We now have a wider layout which has been tested to work on most laptops and desktops.

Take your time to make yourself familiar with the new design and feel free to ask questions if you have any.

PS: We've organised a giveaway too! Keep an eye on the announcements section!

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Excitement all over the world. Wondering about what would be going on n @ CE HQ right now. πŸ˜€
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Looks great 😁
  • spiceluvver
    spiceluvver
    wow....amazing
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Looks super! 😁
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Super B....
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Folks! How is the new version?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Looks Awesome.

tmp_Screenshot_2014-06-02-12-00-011777193857
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    Wondering about what would be going on n @ CE HQ right now. πŸ˜€
    πŸŽ‰

PARTY TIME!
  • Akash Yadav
    Akash Yadav
    i'm lovin' it
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yogesh Borkar
    Folks! How is the new version?
    It's Killer buddy.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Something unusual.Great interface with simple color combo's.
    So......CE is in awesome roaring
  • rohit330
    rohit330
    Logo is cool...!!
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Wonderful look and faster...
  • dimpy9
    dimpy9
    joined today only !! gotta experience d difference in 30 mins !!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    dimpy9
    joined today only !! gotta experience d difference in 30 mins !!
    You are so lucky #-Link-Snipped-#. Have a nice stay here. πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Simply the Best !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please continue your feedback, wishes and good words (strictly 😁) in this thread only!
  • Bapan Mazumder
    Bapan Mazumder
    New look is Kool πŸ˜€
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Colours are nice, and the interface is more cleaner than ever. The fonts have gotten a bit bigger than usual.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please continue your feedback, wishes and good words (strictly 😁) in this thread only!
    Sorry but I can't use good words as I am running out of words at moment. πŸ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll have to thank our fellow member #-Link-Snipped-# for designing the new logo.
    100 marks to the PC version but I feel mobile interface looks little weird as i cant see icons for alerts,inbox,engineers you follow,etc. Is this with my phone alone? I had tried both single page layout and full page layout but the results are same.Please reply if this is due to opera browser i use in phone.
    Hats off to #-Link-Snipped-# for this awesome logo[​IMG]
  • Rachel caroline
    Rachel caroline
    super Cool πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    100 marks to the PC version but I feel mobile interface looks little weird as i cant see icons for alerts,inbox,engineers you follow,etc. Is this with my phone alone? I had tried both single page layout and full page layout but the results are same.Please reply if this is due to opera browser i use in phone.
    Sorry to hear that. Could you please let us know the details like mobile OS (version), Browser and maybe a screenshot that shows how it looks? We've tested this on FF+Chrome on Android.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb design #-Link-Snipped-# we really miss you.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I liked it the most in all the last releases.
    Kinda COOL.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Feeling amused to see SO many positive responses. 😲

😎 We have a lot to unveil in the days to come!
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    Scroll to Top? Love it. Looks slick on mobile too.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Super Awesome it looks!! 😁 😁 Good job folks! πŸ˜€

Boy I so miss hanging out here :/ i feel like an alien here now πŸ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Super Awesome it looks!! 😁 😁 Good job folks! πŸ˜€

Boy I so miss hanging out here :/ i feel like an alien here now πŸ˜›
    Yeah because CE is now brand new Planet. 😁
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Harshad Italiya
    Yeah because CE is now brand new Planet. 😁
    Agreed! πŸ˜‰ 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You know it does not have to be like that. Come back and feel at home again! πŸ˜‰
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry to hear that. Could you please let us know the details like mobile OS (version), Browser and maybe a screenshot that shows how it looks? We've tested this on FF+Chrome on Android.
    Cant upload pics in this thread. Where can i post?
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    The new layout is much easy on the eyes... I tell you... You've put Facebook to shame...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Put it under site-questions and answers.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Is it just me or is everyone getting 2 new alerts on every page refresh? 😁
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Cant upload pics in this thread. Where can i post?
    Report Bug for New CE Design here Go here !
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    Is it just me or is everyone getting 2 new alerts on every page refresh? 😁
    I see 3-4 ! πŸ˜‰
  • avii
    avii
    any new features other than design change?

Ardentio guys are awesome.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Love the way how you freeze the top tabs, which move to the right (Probably making a place for the awesome CE logo) when we scroll to the top.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Alerts - too good they look. πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    any new features other than design change?

Ardentio guys are awesome.
    Audentio design guys have provided a new layout and the JavaScript wizardry (collapsible sidebar, static menu etc.). The color scheme and several tweaks are all ours πŸ˜€
  • iamjass
    iamjass
    I like it!πŸ‘
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Anyone used 'Open Quick Navigation' and 'Toggle Sidebar' (right most icon in Home -- Community -- CE Headquarter -- Announcement bar)?

The features is just awesome and works so gracefully.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Yeah! It's for those who need a wider layout for reading πŸ˜€
  • lal
    lal
    I must say, a pretty intriguing interface. Been browsing all around CE to get a grip on the new look. The way profiles with no avatar look is very pretty.

Great work!
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    wow..looks much better n bigger...great work done..πŸŽ‰
  • avii
    avii
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Audentio design guys have provided a new layout and the JavaScript wizardry (collapsible sidebar, static menu etc.). The color scheme and several tweaks are all ours πŸ˜€
    Great! Open Source it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    Great! Open Source it!
    Open source what? The color scheme?
  • avii
    avii
    ^Yes, CSS and the tweaks you have done.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    ^Yes, CSS and the tweaks you have done.
    Not sure what you're really asking. Those tweaks are 100% for the specific theme we're running. We don't 'own' the code and do not have the rights to redistribute it.
  • avii
    avii
    ^oh yes, I thought you are running an extra CSS layer over it. My bad.

anyway, I would say you guys have done a good job πŸ˜€
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    cool
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#: Could you please check the following:

1. Fonts on the Community Thread Lists - especially the dates. I think it'd look much better if it were bolder. Looks a bit 'skimmed' of the color.

2. The fieldset.breadcrumb just displays the Home tab on the Home page. And displays both Home and Community links on the Community page. A big weird.

3. Does the font on the Thread have to be this big? I liked the older size, was better.

-Overall:

Good change. Will get time to get adjusted to. And I'd have liked it better if the CE Logo (just logo) was 'red' in color.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#: Could you please check the following:

1. Fonts on the Community Thread Lists - especially the dates. I think it'd look much better if it were bolder. Looks a bit 'skimmed' of the color.
    I think you mean 'darker'. Will experiment with this. #-Link-Snipped-# - can you try for a darker shade?

Anoop Mathew
    2. The fieldset.breadcrumb just displays the Home tab on the Home page. And displays both Home and Community links on the Community page. A big weird.
    That's how it's meant to be. When you're on Index page, you're shown 'Home'. But when you are on community page; you're on Home -> Community.

Anoop Mathew
    3. Does the font on the Thread have to be this big? I liked the older size, was better.
    I guess we tried to balance it out for various display sizes. We'll try a point smaller.

Anoop Mathew
    -Overall:

Good change. Will get time to get adjusted to. And I'd have liked it better if the CE Logo (just logo) was 'red' in color.
    [/quote]
    The logo can be of any color and we'll do experiments with it; a la Google Doodle. πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    [/quote]
    The logo can be of any color and we'll do experiments with it; a la Google Doodle. πŸ˜€[/QUOTE]

Now this is Awesome πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Number of engineers online today (1046+) is much more than yesterday. this implies that the world has started loving the all new AVTAAR of crazyengineers.
    Hope this Continues & increase exponentially. πŸ˜€ πŸ‘

Happy with the result.😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - We've fixed the color the second row text in the discussion list. Looks much better now, I guess.
  • View From The Top
    View From The Top
    Finally we're in the 21st century. Nice. πŸ˜€
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    Kick-ASS!! Awesome design!
    I love it!

But some threads are loading slow.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    View From The Top
    Finally we're in the 21st century. Nice. πŸ˜€
    πŸ‘

queeny.heads
    Kick-ASS!! Awesome design!
    I love it!

But some threads are loading slow.
    I think the first load will be slower; but subsequent pages should load pretty fast. We're not done with tweaking the performance yet; so you should see speed improvements in coming days.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I just shared CE link to one of my friend and what he said.

"It's look like engadget+stackoverflow" πŸ‘
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Howdy CEans! We're super excited to roll out the all new CrazyEngineers (CE) to all of you. This roll-out is one of the biggest changes in the history of CE; because as you've noticed - we've adopted a new logo along with a brand new, flat design comprising mostly of red/black and white colors. We've put in a lot of efforts in the past few days to ensure that everything works fine; but as always - we'll rely on your feedback to help us discover and fix any broken pieces.

logo
    Our New Logo​

Getting Used To The New CE

The new CrazyEngineers has several changes and features. Some of the most exciting ones are as follows-
    • The navigation bar has been shifted adjacent to the logo, saving space.
    • The navigation bar is now sticky; so that you always have quick access to the menu and all your alerts.
    • The sidebar is now collapsible. If you want bigger real estate, without any distractions; simply collapse it. Well, have you already discovered how to do that? If not, just ask below!
    • Better Mobile Design: Reading experience on mobile phones and tablets is awesome!
    We now have a wider layout which has been tested to work on most laptops and desktops.

Take your time to make yourself familiar with the new design and feel free to ask questions if you have any.

PS: We've organised a giveaway too! Keep an eye on the announcements section!
    Unable to collapse the sidebar, please mention the way to do it.
    Meenakshi Rana
    You would see a icon near the title of the discussion which will be toggling the sidebar.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Meenakshi Rana
    This might help you.

Sidebar
  • Meenakshi Rana
    Meenakshi Rana
    Thank you. Got it!
  • Chintan Umarani
    Chintan Umarani
    Hello Guys.

Please check right-bottom screenshot of FB block. Can you pls change font color of it ?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Chintan Umarani
    Hello Guys.

Please check right-bottom screenshot of FB block. Can you pls change font color of it ?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]
    Aware of the bug. We'll fix it in the next up phrase.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    While the colours are a nice change from the past but I am still yet to get in grips with the slightly bigger font size. I am using the toggle sidebar option more often now.
    In case you all noticed, we've made the font size a bit smaller. I think it looks a lot better than earlier size. Do you guys agree?
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    In the logo CE,i noticed some numerials are written 01001011 what is the meaning?? OπŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    In the logo CE,i noticed some numerials are written 01001011 what is the meaning?? OπŸ˜€
    It means 'K' 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    It means 'K' 😁
    That's a strange discovery! We had no clue. #-Link-Snipped-# - was the number chosen randomly or did you deliberately choose it to be 'K' ?

UPDATE: The number does not mean anything! It's just a random number. How did you conclude that it's 'K'?
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's a strange discovery! We had no clue. #-Link-Snipped-# - was the number chosen randomly or did you deliberately choose it to be 'K' ?

UPDATE: The number does not mean anything! It's just a random number. How did you conclude that it's 'K'?
    Check letter 'K' in this chart 😁
    ASCII Alphabet Characters
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    eternalthinker
    Was this intentional?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare

eternalthinker
    What's wrong if it ASCII value is 'K' ?
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Was this intentional?
    Yes. This has been discussed when the first draft of the logo was posted in a much earlier thread πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On account of the new design launch, CrazyEngineers team is giving away FREE STICKERS! 😁 Here is what they look like! 😁 ​ Do you want these stickers? Fill Up...
Hi everyone ! I've applied for MSA ( Microsoft Student Associate Program) and as a part of selection process wrote a blog post.. https://ersanyamkhurana.wordpress.com/2014/06/02/microsoft-ultimate-computing-star-of-the-world/ Now the weight-age is given to...
Name: Ankit Bhavsar *Engineering Trade: Marine Engineer Location: Never fixed, always globetrotting *Occupation: Employed with Arab Maritime Petrol Transport Company Work Experience: Chemical tankers and oil tankers *Hobbies & Interests:...
A big Hello for everybody. Guy's after spending some considerable amount of time on this crazy site, i am really happy to know such nice people dedicated for a cause...
Chinese information and communications tech giant Huawei has achieved a feat that has definitely raised the bar in the Wi-Fi communications area. It has achieved the industry’s first 10 Gbps...