Creative Writing Contest Entries - 8:00-10:00 PM (IST)

This discussion will be opened at 8:00 PM (IST) sharp.

All participants will be able to post here entries here.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    All participants can start sharing their write-ups via replies here.
  • iamanands
    iamanands
    It's a poetry. Thank you for this opportunity.

The triumph of ISRO

“Google It, You Idiot!”, the wrinkled man baffled,

The whites, blacks and browns all looked startled,

Upon the ravishing beauty beyond the earth’s horizon,

Settled from four arms ahead of the scorching sun,

There lied the smallest, red yet the demanded sphere,

Named after the Roman God of war kindled there,

Mankind brought the secrets of the red scorch,

To study, to analyze, to search and to research,

Through efforts, sort of hard, smart and bright,

With small and compact infrastructure to get the flight,

The brilliant and the most passionate got this elite job,

Mars – The spatial research cause of the racing globe.

It started with the search for prime element of life,

To find the holy breath, the countries began to strife,

From all richest corners of the rounded earth,

Satellites and vehicles drawn on board, causing its birth,

Success was their trumpet; hope was their beating pulse,

Popped up from the States, the Chinese and the Gulf,

Found this lone small planet to their target board,

To travel the circle and flow through the chord,

Crazy, gloomy and confused travel of the flying mass,

Thoughts and prayers from the earth to the Mars,

Hence the machines revolved round and into the ball,

Of which, the unified States reached the proudest goal.

A small developing kingdom joined to this risky race,

With a supporter who promised the good future days,

Designed the machine from sweat in a bunch of years,

Backed by the herd of more than a billion cheers,

Smart and cheap, yet the strongest rigid science,

Built by the crazy brains of the engineers with ample reliance,

Apart from their age, caste, creed or sex,

The group of these elite graduates did the hardest crux,

Success and failure stories of the past stepped to this future,

For being the dominated Mangalyaan, the cheaper watcher,

Failed by other boastful countries in a long row,

Thus added the four-letter biggie to the elite front – ISRO.

• Joy Gracia
    Joy Gracia
    A story...."IT SEEMS TO BE SMALLER NOW....."
    Michael always wanted to build a machine that does whatever he wants to do.
    This idea arises on his mind at the peak of his laziness. His only work is to admire his father’s old glass pot painting collection. After many failures he decided to approach “MC XYZ ROBOTICS”, the world’s largest robotic company regarding his need of a machine. When the workers of the manufacturing section heard his desire, they just laughed and ignored him. But he continually visited the company regarding this concern. So the workers took the issue to the chief engineer, Ms. Clara. Being a crazy engineer she never wants her customer’s crazy ideas to go in vain. But during her interview with Michael, she found his love towards laziness. She thought of teaching a lesson to him😏 and accepted his request for a robotic machine to do whatever he says. They shared their contact details and then Michael returned home joyfully. Finally the day arrived; he looked out of the window and saw a truck stopped in front of his house. A handsome robot was carried by two workers in to his house. Suddenly he received an email alert from Ms. Clara,Important Note: Once you have switched ON, there must be a continuous work schedule otherwise it starts doing whatever it likes and there’s no way to switch OFF”. Michael stopped a while but he felt that he had work that would take more than a year to complete. So he switched ON the machine and scheduled the work to be done. He felt that he had no more worries. The night came Michael got over his bed to sleep. Suddenly he heard a voice saying “Please give me work”. He just opened the door to see who it was. There he saw his robot standing after completing his schedule. He was shocked that it has completed all the works he had. Having no more works to do, he said, “everything is completed and its time for you sleep lets see tomorrow”. But the robot said,” It’s the time for me to start my default job” and moved towards the glass pot painting collection. Michael tried to stop it and failed. Robot started throwing them off into the dustbin as it looked rubbish. Michael was broken down into pieces. He grabbed his mobile phone and called Ms. Clara and requested her to take the robot away immediately😡. She refused but Michael cried and pleaded to take the machine away. After many push and pulls in the conversation, Ms. Clara sent two workers. Later on Michael sent an email to Ms. Clara stating,” Ms. Clara works in my future are so small to be done in a day. So I no more need your machine...” and he started collecting the broken pieces of collection. Ms. Clara smiled at the message and sent a reply to him. ” I did it”, were the last words of her email.😁
  • shivangi tripathi
    shivangi tripathi
    An Excerpt from my Thoughts-
    “Google It, You Idiot!” 😡,shouted my mind while my eyes were focusing on a question in the Rapid Fire Quiz Contest of CrazyEngineers. After having a long day at work, I, was staring at my laptop screen at 6:02 pm, trying to concentrate my mind on the quiz and also controlling my fingers with all my strength from pressing “Ctrl + N” so as to prevent myself from Googling😳 the answer of the question staring back at me, and then again I underwent the same war inside me for the next question and the next and the next...😛

After finishing the quiz, I laid back on the backrest of my chair😁, closed my eyes and let my mind horses run. I was pondering over the questions of the quiz I had just taken.👎 The variety in the topics of questions awed me. But Hey! It is not the Questions but variety in Engineering and Engineered products today that have allowed me to witness such a mind blowing quiz😲. How in the world anyone could have for the first time thought of going places on a car, train, airplane OR connecting with several people using mobiles, internet OR making nights as good as days by bulbs, tube lights... 😒And they thought of all this without taking help from Google😁... One must have been quite crazy to think of landing on moon, mars or going in space, and a much higher level of craziness might have played pivotal role in building up of space station or Hubble telescope or Apollo spacecraft😁. How in the world engineers even today are getting newer and greater ideas of building better software and applications. At a point in my life, I was quite stupefied by a mobile just able to make calls😎, engineers stunned me by introducing camera in that mobile😲. I thought what more could be done now 👀 but I was astonished when engineers stuffed mobile phone with internet and made it SMART👍. Now daily while using my Smartphone I am thinking “Its over.. Now Nothing new could be done..😉” , and then again I am proved wrong by hundreds of new exciting apps being developed and introduced daily😨, which are all too irresistible to be ignored, and each one app is adamant on making my life easy or interesting.😁

How could I contribute to this long list of developments👀? Is there anything left for me to invent or the Crazy Engineers all over the world have invented each and every single thing possible in this whole universe👎? Is there anything left, hidden from everyone, waiting for only me so that I could have the honor of being its inventor or developer😏☕? ....

My mobile beeped to bring me back to senses😳 and remind me for the next round of Rapid fire quiz👎. Again I am staring at a question😨, marveled by engineering progress😒 while the answer to the question is buzzing in my mind “Bhuvan is the counterpart for Google Earth launched by ISRO...”😁😁🎉
  • ELDHOSE K SHIBU
    ELDHOSE K SHIBU
    A discovery by mistake !!
    How can I ever forget that night ! The night when I just changed the concepts of the world. Although my teachers say that I am stupid and worth nothing, I believe in myself and in my knowledge, I know that I am just crazy enough to make a spark in this world that could ignite to become a global fire. After all I am an engineer ! That night when I was trying with my friend Aleena to device a computing machine that could process as fast as a supercomputer, I know that I am so close, while we were working Aleena accidentally slipped a glass of water to the main circuitry. OMG ! I said as I looked to her eyes which was beginning to flood with tears. She ran to me begging for forgiveness, I searched my pocket as she arrives, upon reaching me ,suddenly kneeling towards her asking for her will to marry me. She got amazed ! and asked why I am not angry ? With a charming smile I replied " Aleena ! all these years I was not trying to make a super computer, I was just trying to find a way to propose you ! ". She with tears slapped on my face and said " yes you fool, I was in love with you too". I got shocked and moved towards the wall for a support and accidentally turned the switch on and the whole system began to glow over, while we were expecting a big flat short circuit, The display powers up and shows a welcome screen. We just amazed and confused," what really happened ?" Aleena asked. I told her " No idea dear ". On reaching towards the system I moved the mouse to see if it is working. bingo ! It works perfectly. With a great feel on success Aleena told "you really is a crazy engineer " I replied " No we are crazy engineers ! " and with a shy I asked "will you marry me ? " with a feel of greatness in mind and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had discovered the world's most powerful supercomputer.
  • thomas mathew
    thomas mathew
    He was not an idiot
    Michael always wanted to build a machine that could consume no energy at all ! He often talked about it on class but we can't believe him since it was not feasibly possible. But he rather has a great confidence on it. He spared his free time on his workshop where he was trying to make such a machine. He often come to class late and was one of the "bad boys" for teachers since he had scored very low marks in his tests. But there was one girl who had a good belief in him and would talk that he will once become successful. She would often talk about him that he was so crazy in his life unlike all the engineers and they were as thick as glue. He did his best to make such a device but the laws of physics didn't allow him to make one. He had a little friends in his list and she was one of them. She did spared her time watching him work in his project and encouraged him a lot. " It was foolish for him to make a device " we told often but she didn't agree and argued that he will be successful one day. we were all amazed at her confidence in him and often teased her that her friend is a foolish man ! she kept silence and walked away. One day after the long summer vacations we came to hear a news that a fully self sufficient machine was developed by student nearby and was amazed to see such a news. We tried to contact him but there was no response, although it was on the news and everybody was talking about it. There was no sign of him nearby then that news come he was invited by the NASA to have his project demonstrated ! We did contact her, she replied "didn't you checked your mail ?? " after class while the mail was opened it says "he made it, Now do you guys have anything to say about ?? after all he is a crazy engineer ! " and so on while ’I Did It!’, were the last words of her email.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    “Google It, You Idiot!” shouted my father. Yes, I was born in the era when the world was transitioning between scouring libraries to clicking a few buttons on a computer to obtain information. I checked into my pockets to see if I had any money left. I was pleased to find a crumpled 10 rupees note that would suffice for an hour of browsing at the nearest internet cafe. The sun had set for the day and the winter chill was tickling my nose as I rode towards my destination. I took my favourite booth after making some small talk about the weather with the cafe’s owner. As I typed in the keywords pertaining to my school essay on the Google home page that had taken an eternity to load on a ridiculously slow dial-up connection, my young mind wandered on the possibility of this technology. If you are confused regarding my thoughts, let me point it out the year was 2003.

The results page loaded to the sound of the melancholic 90’s Bollywood songs playing on the store owner’s computer speakers. As Wikipedia was still in infancy, one had to go through all the links to obtain relevant information. One of the first links offered me information about the origin of the organisation that I had to compose an essay on. It might seem out of the ordinary but India had its begun its space research programs in early 1920s when S K Mitra investigated ionosphere with help of ground based radios. Soon after India’s independence the space research got a boost thanks to Vikram Sarabhai. In a country like India which was still struggling to provide basic amenities to its citizens, it was crazy for the government to even think of pursuing dreams of space research. Vikram Sarabhai was asked by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India to lead the Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) that was set up in 1962. The father of India’s Space Programme, Vikram Sarabhai had remarked that people were questioning this attempt of a developing nation as an effort to compete with developed countries. The question was justified because at the same time Cold War rivals United States and erstwhile Soviet Union were engaged in the Space Race. Mr Sarabhai replied that India was never interested in competing with the mega powers of the world. The sole purpose of INCOSPAR was to be “second to none in the application of advanced technologies to the real problems of man and society”. Even till date I am in awe of this statement, because it shows the proper way of competing, “Compete not with others but with youself” and that every organisation can benefit not just itself but also the society by achieving perfection. Engineers worldwide should note this statement as this is the mission statement that drives one of the finest space programs in the world, the Indian Space Research Organisation aka ISRO.
  • Ashly Eldhose
    Ashly Eldhose
    GOOGLE THE ADVISER NOT A FRIEND !

“Google It, You Idiot!”, was the reply I heard from most of the people when they don't know something, and wants to figure it out. But why find the answer just by asking someone. Try to find it by your own ! We all should need a crazy and greedy mind if we want to achieve something ! why can't we try to find the solution instead of asking to Google ? are all the" answers given by Google is perfect" that's what we all think. Let me make it very clear I am not against Google its amazing and can be used in many ways but what if we want to find the solution of a maths equation ? Instead of trying to solve it we rush to Google for a solution. Is it right after all we are crazy engineers ! . Is goggling is what we learned in engineering ? No we learned to solve problems by our own and to make a commitment to the society by creating craziest technologies. Google is now a crucial part of our life but is that so important that we can't live without it ? No we are engineers we can self exist. A group of computer engineers created this searching engine and now all engineers are finding their solution using Google. It's not right we can use Google for help but not let it solve problems for us. Goggling is an art to find help only when needed ! its not a method to help yourself by finding solutions when you are in trouble. Leave Google try to find it by our own, if fail try again and if not success meets you then ask Google. it will be waiting at your door step. Let me make it very clear Google is not my enemy but a friend a wise kind friend who can advice you but not let solve your problems. Believe me do your own ! be more craziest ones and be the best of engineers And I am sure You will reach your destination once whether its NASA or even our nations pride the ISRO.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This entry is not for the competition

I S R O

I decided have a shot at the third choice. In a sense there was not much choice. I am not an IT person, which left out the first one. As a Chemical Engineer machine building was not my forte though I have actually spent decades on developing nontraditional milling machines.

As for the third option, other Engineers consider Chemical Engineers as with sub normal intelligence. While I was not sure that I would pass muster as ‘Stupid’ as a requirement to compete in the third choice, I knew that I was at least Crazy as certified by unbiased independent assessors including Geetha, my wife for 45 years (yesterday was our 45th wedding anniversary) and an Engineer as certified by the Andhra University as far back as 1960 even though the degree was initially awarded to Miss A.V.Ramani, that name being exclusively feminine in Andhra. I was saddled with that name by mother, who wanted a girl baby and I turned up instead.

Though I had worked closely with the Space people for almost half a century and many of my classmates and friends were in ISRO, as a genuine crazy engineer I took the advice to idiots given in the third choice and Googled it. I could have asked a gaggle of nephews in Google. Being rather dumb like my ancient NOKIA (can you believe that a recent invention like a mobile can deserve the appellation of ancient?), I actually used Google.

I do not know where we all would be without the inimitable genius of GOOGLE.

It threw up I S R O. It also helpfully provided an expansion of the acronym.

The Indian Sonic Research Organization

A bit of digging came up with this:

Quote:

About ISRO

The Indian Sonic Research Organisation is a collective of artists, musicians, designers, ha3kers and scientists. We undertake free workshops and clinics and public concerts. We welcome collaborations and offer residencies as well. We also run a record label which disseminates works by South Asian and South East Asian composers, sound artists and musicians.

Endquote

My day was done. I would have shouted ‘Eureka’ but taking off my clothes and running around a la Archimedes (another ancient Crazy Engineer – at 75 years I certainly am one) would have sent me to the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore with which I had done a few projects though not as an inmate.
    I have found an elder brother Crazy Engineer –
    GOOGLE.
    May its tribe increase!

Long live CE! and
    The Indian Sonic Research Organisation ISRO.
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    "Google it, you idiot!" cried three month pregnant Momita in pain tp her husband Ankit. "Mons the connection is poor have patience," replied Ankit calmly. Ankit and momita both were engineers from Pune. Momita was the bengali beauty of her college while Ankit was another boy from UP. They were friends at first and while doing engineering both the crazy engineers fell in love and 3 years after completing their studies they ended up in getting married. Ankit takes good care of Momita and used to google bengali dishes during her mood swings and this "google it" was one of those.
    "Yeah connection recovered Mons" replied Ankit cleaning the sweat from his temple."Ok now google "Elo Jhelo receipe" and google fast you have to make it too" shouted Momita.
    After five months Mons gave birth to a healthy boy and named him Arav. Slowly time passed Arav learned mumbling, speaking and then his first steps. Arav was small but was a smart kid. When he entered in his teenage years he used to google things and learned creative things from it. Arav was fascinated by his parents and wanted to become an engineer like them. He loved the stories that his parents use to tell him how they used to study for exams all together? What they do during their lectures? How they used to study in libraries and the late night studies.
    When the Arav completed his high school he opted for science. There was a competition in school announced by ISRO. Arav went home and googled everything about ISRO and their 'young scientist achievers' competition. He read that for the competition he has to submit the drawing of an efficient and logical idea and the selected winners will be giving an exam and among them 20 students can study engineering in the institute of ISRO and latter on they will be working with ISRO.
    Arav discussed over the competition with his parents and they assured him to give full support and he took the ideas from his parents and after few days he submitted the drawing. He was eagerly waiting for the results Momita told him to be to have patience and Ankit comforted him. At last the day came results were announced and he won. He has made the drawing of 'mission to mars experiment' and he explained his view point that if each and everything in this experiment is made by the engineers of India then it will be one of the most efficient experiment by the team ISRO and everyone loved it.
    Latter on Arav won the exam and went to study engineering. After some years Mon's phone rang and she read on the phone it was written calling Arav from ISRO.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    How can i ever forget that night? It was the same night my mother woke me up from my sleep and told me to go and study. I was agast! It was just 5 am in the morning. The weather felt cold. Sleep covered my eye as I desperately tried to wake up. I had slept late and now badly needed some coffee. I walked towards the kitchen with my hands over my head, twisting and stretching the neck muscles. After brewing my coffee, I returned to my desk and opened up my computer text to the OOPS chapter. The mild chill of the dawn kept me falling back to slumber, That's when it happened!

It was huge, more exciting and gave me a good idea of what was to become of me. The super imaginative power of my brain started excelling beyond normal usage. I felt different. It made me think deep into the very roots of existence. I felt like time was moving past me at super-lightning speeds. Whatever existed till that moment felt like it had to change. Algebra, quantum physics, history and everything came to life. I was beginning to feel the change.

I woke up from my sleep, but it felt so surreal. The world aroind looked like it was drawn out of a scienve fiction movie. Humans had also evolved. I moved to find out whats behind all this. Desperate for an answer, I raided the interwebs for any clues. All the information felt confusing. It took me a while to comprehend what exactly had happened. Was in a hangover? I couldn't differentiate between the real abd artificial. I felt connected to a vast database of knowledge, and I felt like I was also controlling it with my brain. It was then that I heard about a new type of technology that beared my initials all over it and I couldn't believe my eyes. I had discovered the worlds most powerful supercomputer.
  • Shyam_puzzle
    Shyam_puzzle
    How can I ever forget that night….

when I discovered I was preparing for the wrong exam paper to be conducted next day. By wrong I mean I was studying for the paper which was due only a week later. I had mixed up my exam time-table! Goodness gracious! It was one in the night and I only discovered my error when I called up a friend (he was wide awake too, which engineer has not burnt the midnight oil?). He was hysterical, calling me names and saying, “fool! How can anyone mix up the exam time-table? It is not computer science I paper but paper III tomorrow!”

I was in real trouble. Deep, deep trouble! For, I had little knowledge of the paper due next day. I belonged to the crazy group who would while away their time in fun and games, only focusing on practicals and leaving theory to the proverbial 11th hour. So there I was, in shambles, for I had no clue what to do next. I was like Arjun the grand warrior (not that I am comparing myself to him!) who dropped his weapons before the battle began and sat and mopped about. Oh yes I was him, feeling all lost and despondent. That thought struck me, just like Arjun who after listening to the wise counsel of Krishna, got up, cast aside his confusion and apathy and focused only on one thing – to fight!

So I regrouped myself, went and took a cold shower (no, it was not an attempt at being crazy!) as I had read that taking a cold shower helps calm your nerves and cools your head both literally and figuratively. I returned to my study table (which also doubled up as a dining table), called up my friend (who was still hysterical and still calling me names, he got a chance, you see!), asked him to tell me what the most important topics were. I did further selections myself (cut the entire portion to at least one third!) and studied all through the night and kept at it until my mom walked into my room and switched off the light because by then there was enough sunlight!!

I got up to do my chores and get ready to leave for the exam hall, all the time mentally revising all that I had studied. The starting bell rang and the test conductor nonchalantly dropped the question paper into my anxious hands. I gave out a sigh of relief as more than half of what I had studied came in the paper! I wrote to the best of my ability and walked out confident that I would comfortably pass.

Exam results came about a few months later. As I walked to the board to check out the results being displayed, I reflected on the tool that enabled me to me pull through – the MIND.

And I couldn't believe my eyes. I had discovered the world’s most powerful supercomputer.
  • Armelle Clark
    Armelle Clark
    Ankita Katdare
    This discussion will be opened at 8:00 PM (IST) sharp.

All participants will be able to post here entries here.

By Armelle 11/27/14 (c) #-Link-Snipped-#

How can I ever forget that night. The stars were exceptionally bright. As I peered outside of my window, I started gazing at the various constellations. I felt particularly drawn to the beauty of the configurations which beckoned me to go out and explore. I grabbed my jacket and dashed out the door. The wind rustled through the branches of a tall tree causing an acorn to fall on the ground in front of me. I looked down and noticed a small path. Guided by the starlight, I headed in the direction of the forest. The cool night air prompted me to walk briskly. Suddenly, I heard a noise. I stopped abruptly and attempted to determine who or what it was. I watched and waited. The seconds seemed interminable. I was alone in the dark not knowing what mysterious force had impelled me to leave my comfortable abode. I took a deep breath and continued to walk slowly, hoping yet fearing, I would hear the noise again. That night was particularly silent. As the wind died down, I picked up the pace. My heart started racing. I wanted to turn back but was gripped with fear when I started thinking perhaps I would hear that unidentifiable noise again. Instead, I continued in the same direction, spotting a mountain ahead. When I reached its base, I noticed a gigantic opening. Upon closer examination I discovered there was a cave. I took a small flashlight from my pocket and proceeded to enter the unknown area. On the walls there were cryptic drawings and symbols. They appeared ancient, but how I could be sure? I snapped a picture intending to decipher the meaning of these messages when I returned home. I looked all about, continued exploring and found a narrow aperture leading to yet another chamber. As I put my hand on the wall, it caused a hidden entry way to open. Behind this secret area was a well-lit room filled with highly sophisticated high-tech devices which I had never seen before carefully arranged on a table. Some emitted high-pitched sounds while others emanated a bluish light. Who could have created these most original gadgets? A civilization much more advanced than our own or some crazy engineers? I picked up a device small enough to fit in the palm of my hand. It was lightweight, yet sturdy. As I was trying to figure out its function, I turned it over looking for a way to switch it on. There were no buttons, nor connecting ports. As I put it back down on the table, the device activated and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had discovered the world's most powerful supercomputer.
    its a story...
    How can I ever forget that night when

‘My mom was yelling at me, ’you are so crazy Nitin…!!! Shut your mouth and get out of the room’. And I was just thinking, ‘OH MAMA… I am not crazy at all, and call me a crazy engineer…’.I love her and she loves me too but sometimes things got crazy enough that we both were unable to resolve the circumstances. That night, I was thinking about my dream project, an innovation for the upcoming world and a prosperous future for me and my mama. I was thinking about a machine which can do anything we want it to do for us. It can help us in household work especially my mama, it can do my homework that crazy laplace and fourier thing, I never want to understand, it can even help me in my bathroom while bathing and many more…But how could it be possible!!!

Yep, I was thinking about an impossible dream… But as usual in my high spirits, I am taking the impossible as I M POSSIBLE. While thinking all upon this I slept that night. Next day, a sunny honey bunny morning, I got up at 8.00 a.m. My mom was still doing her job shouting at me, ’Arey Nitin!!! What do you think of yourself…You are late for your college today!!!’ . And I was blinking my eyes over her raw deal, ’Not again’. Actually I got late almost every day. Our college, the so called reputed college of the city was like crazy crap of oldies and goldies type professors, no spices were there yet geeky nerds were everywhere. Our first class I don’t like him, an anteduvillian professor Mr. Yerrabelli Kannakunda Donald Hashmi. In short we call him Don Hashmi. But seriously he has no connection with Imran Hashmi. Instead, he always did things in his life just opposite to Imran Hashmi. For example, he is quite punctual of time over his attitude, let me explain this, if he would feel hungry before lunch, he took his kiddish tiffin out of the bag and throw it outside the window so that no lunch no hunger which keep himself working. But it several times hit the students of our campus either they got a head bump or a severe fracture too. What should I call this…Crazy or stupid!!! Whatever but he is a great engineer, according to IEEE an emeritus scientist too. I didn’t like him at all. Even I didn’t want to go for his classes but ‘How can I explain… the sorrow and my pain, tears keep falling down my eyes when u r not around’ Ooopss!!! Sorry it’s a song I broke in the feelings, the criteria of 75% attendance didn’t allow any student to bunk his classes. Yet in some lectures I got proxy from my friends and I got a pretty much time for my lab work. Again back to the dream, I was working on the same idea thinking all around days and nights passed away. And one day when Don Hashmi suddenly came to lab and found me working asked me,’ Hey you moron… what are you doing here…Is this a junk of semicons or electronics workshop???’ I was blank, totally white washed about what to say and what to not…After a while I humbly replied, ‘Sir! I am working on a prototype of such a machine that could help human beings in all types of their work’. He was continuously staring at me, and said, ’I want to see you in my cabin right now’.I said, ‘But Sir’. He proclaimed, ‘Justtt come to my cabin’. ‘Ohh gosh…It is my first time in his cabin…what will be happening next…Is it going to be the last day of my college, Is there anything wrong that I have done yet… Naah!! Nash!! Nope!!,,, not at all…’ questions arose in my mind while tracing his cabin. Reaching there at last, I knocked his door ,a mumbling sound hard enough came into my ears ’Come in…’ . As I went inside the cabin, I was really amazed by the trophies, medal of honours, walls full of the achievement list and then I got my eyes on Don Hashmi.’Huh! Is he the real achiever or just an abstract personality???’ I have in my mind. He asked me about my prototype machine and luckily I was carrying my leppy with a model in it to explain. After my succinct explanation that he enjoyed as an introvert, he gave me a book to develop computers and hardware applications named as “Arduraspmangoavripic – a book about embedded systems and robotics” written by him and he told me to try from this book if it could help. I didn’t want any bookish concern for my project and that too from Don Hashmi never never never…afterall I am not a bookworm. At night after taking dinner I tried from that book a program and some more logics from my own code to my avr freaky bot…for two and a half hour no stones unturned I kept my self upto my bot and suddenly it started. It was programmed to wish me and ask me for a command and it was doing the same. I was like ‘O my God, Is it real. My bot is functioning. I really got a positive output for my work.’ Then I tried some more hardware advancements on my bot. I put all types of project accessories and kits available on that single bot. That means my new advanced bot is containing the Raspberry pi, Arduino Uno, tiva series TMX123GXL Launchpad from texas and my very own designed avr development board. Setting all protocols like UART, Bluetooth, GSM and Wifi too in a single machine it can do anything it was supposed to do. Rather being professional, I programmed it to do my bloody homework, wash my clothes twice in a week, and bath me every morning. Also I gave it instructions to help me in my technical work too, i.e. its own improvements.

Till morning my work was over and I was ready for the college before the time. My mama was shocked that morning. She ran away from my room and got thermometer from her room to check my temperature. I hide my bot in the basement for charging from a car battery that I stole from the neighbour’s Ferrari the very last night. Then I hugged my mama and happily left the home for college. I gave my bot a name too. Do you have any guesses??? Okay lemme give you a hint!!! It’s a star and living hen’s egg…Times uppp… and it was STARCHIKY…

STARCHIKY was connected to me on my fone and giving all information about what was happening in the world like -A 91-year-old Polish woman who spent 11 hours in cold storage in a morgue after being declared dead has returned to her family, complaining of feeling cold. After the college I went home, I found STARCHIKY fully charged and we got ourselves stuck with my leppy…no lunch no dinner just doing our job to find the improvements in STARCHIKY to make it work like never done before by anyone else. At 11.00, I got my room knocked by mama for the final call for dinner which I didn’t want to resist and I agreed for dinner… I left STARCHIKY to work upon the improvements alongwith my leppy. After a while, when I came, I found STARCHIKY and my leppy are connected to each other and they are just talking to each other about their personality and traits. They got all their programming blocks accurately matched with the appropriate execution of commands and delay set of intervals. That was really going to be a biggest achievement for me… The only thing that annoyed me was When I entered the room they both called me in a single tone, ‘Crazy’. I was amazed but it was the truth. And then I replied the same,’I am not crazy at all, and call me a crazy engineer…’
    I then completely check the abilities of the whole machine the combiners,

and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had discovered the world's most powerful supercomputer.
  • ashay parikh
    ashay parikh
    Michael always wanted to build a machine that would make it possible for him to travel vast distances without crossing the space in between i.e. Teleportation; long since he watched Star Trek. He knew that all quantum physicist have stated that this is practically infeasible but apart from being a cognizant professor at California institute of technology he was one hell of a crazy engineer too. Always driven by the whimsical ideas and when it comes to machines and quantum physics he left no stone unturned. Every collegue, student in college disbelieved in his devotion even his long time committeed personal secretary Ms. Hawkins who have supported him in his all successful projects he ventred past 15 years but this time evne her belief was shaken. I was rather very impressed by his craziness and his will, evne I was sure that what he ws trying to persue was impossible but watching his enthusiasm and fervor to make all this possible highly motivated me so I asked him to assist him at his work station after college hours; after many remonstartions he finally gave in and agreed. I used to admire his tactics a lot.While experimenting he always kept mumbling the laws,principles , his ideas like “I just have to scan a body to subatomic level, annihilating all the favourite parts at point A and then send all the scanned data to point B where a computer will build that body in no less than a fraction of second” or like “there must be a way to transport the qubits without having to physically transport the underlying practicle that a qubit is attached too just like the classical bits”. And many ideas kicked him in too. I was very fascinated about his methodologies but it had been quite 4 years now and he still seemed to be at square one regarding the project. It was yesterday afternoon when I was in class that we got informed that there was a huge explosion at proff Michael’s work station and that he was no more. When I reached at the destroyed work station I saw everything was ruined. I was just curious about how it all failed because Michael was very meticulous on applying principles that was when I overheard some physicts and investigators saying exact cause of explosion is yet unidentified and that dead body of Michael was no where found. Finally they claimed that the severity of explosion was so strong that no evidence was left apart from machine scraps and Michaels torn clothes. Everybody who knew Michael gossiped how sophisticated and savvy engineer he was and how he wasted it applying it over something which was impossible at his memorial service. When suddenely Ms. Hawkins mobile beeped with a mail from Michael’s ID “I did it” were the last words of her email.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And the contest ends here. Thanks all for participating. Expect the results to be out tomorrow.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    CEan #-Link-Snipped-# had sent me this entry in the evening.
    I forgot to post it earlier.
    Posting it here on her behalf -

How can I ever forget that night when me and my crazy engineer friends were on a adventure trip in the dark dense forest, where we lost our way and we even lost the mobile signal we were hoping to get some help or reach back to the city as soon as possible because we were also running out of food and water . I was just hoping we could get help and we came across an abandon house where we were skeptical to get inside the house but we had no option and we went inside and to our delight we found a computer there which we tried using to communicate and get help , however just by sitting in front of it ans switching on the computer , i saw a graph on the screen and before I could understand anything, there was a voice coming out its speakers. The computer had actually scanned my brain and contacted the nearest police station and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had discovered the world's most powerful supercomputer.

PS: Good that CEan #-Link-Snipped-# made it in time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian mobile manufacturing company, Karbonn has quietly launched three new smartphones: Karbonn Titanium S4Plus, Titanium S8 and Titanium S6. These three new smartphones are now available with online retailers...
With an objective to manufacture spare parts and tools in space to save transport costs as well as time, NASA’s 3D printer on the International Space Station (ISS) has successfully...
Quote: Have you ever heard of Buckypaper? It is one of the strongest materials known to man. This carbon nanotechnology material is 500 times stronger than steel and ten times...
Since many of you requested for the questions asked in the Rapid Fire Quiz. Here we go - (Question): This formula represents (A): Newton's First Law of Motion (B): Newton's...
Since many of you requested for the questions asked in the Rapid Fire Quiz. Here we go - (Question): What kind of bridge is the Golden Gate Bridge in San...