Your Thoughts On Demonetisation - For It or Against It?

The Indian Government took a very bold step on November 8; announcing that the currency notes in denominations of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 have been withdrawn effective immediately. The move indeed was unexpected as majority of the high-value transactions in urban India were done through these notes. The high denomination notes were also one of the major causes of black-money generation in India.

I'd like to know how do our fellow CEans look at this move? What are your thoughts? Are you for it or against it? OR do you see it as a 'big scam' like opposing political parties in India?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is a good step bravely taken by Modi at a considerable personal cost.
    As for me, I rarely use cash (Since 1980). Purse strings are held by the better half. For bills and such I use net banking or card online. My wife doles out small cash if I am sent on petty shopping.
  • ARAVIND SELVARAJ
    ARAVIND SELVARAJ
    My point of view is it's a best decision taken by our prathan manthri modi ji but there is lot of troubles in implementation due to irresponsible officials in banks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Asus has launched its new smartwatch wearable, ZenWatch 3, for the Indian markets. The casing of the watch comes with a jewellery grade stainless steel finish. The watch powered by...
i have attached question in a image. please solve my query someone.
Think twice before crumbling a piece of paper because you might just have mistakenly distorted your future smartphone battery. Futuristic? Yes – Impossible? No. Instead of handling a heavy weight...
Found this gem on the Internet; you can't afford to miss it if you are an Apple user. If you are not an Apple fanboy; you won't certainly regret watching...
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4 will now be offered in two new color options of Blue and Black, in addition to the earlier versions of Gold, Silver, and Grey variants. The...