Your Mobile Will Now Support Many Languages, Thanks To "MY SMS"

IMImobile has brought forth a novel application named MY SMS, which will render Value Added Service (VAS) operators a mode to access their customers in their native vernacular language itself. It is via such service that users can now call for SMS alerts in their chosen language. The information will be accessible to them in their preferred language, irrespective of the type of mobile phone they possess.

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

This app is easily downloadable. The users enjoying cellphones having  Symbian or J2Me need to simply dial 56263 and they'll get all settings of the app on the phone. Android users will be disappointed as that operating system does not support this app. Vishwanath Alluri, Founder and CEO of IMImobile said,
"Through My SMS, we plan to break the language barrier which has been a huge roadblock for the penetration of the telecom revolution."

He expressed that the company's sole aim as to make users residing in countryside areas use the language option on their phones more conveniently. The company believes that the language barrier has caused less than the desirable number of SMS based services being activated. With a literacy of just 74 percent, this barrier is pretty much obvious. This app is easy to use, as it doesn't need a short code or keyboard. Currently, the application is composed of 8 languages,viz., English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Gujarati, Marathi and Bangla. The USP added to this service is that it permits storing many other languages in it as well. I'm sure that with 850 mobile phone users with a huge language diversity, this app will make its presence felt in those areas where operators face difficulty in conveying information to their customers.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Razer, the international gaming peripheral giant has announced its biggest product yet - The Razer Blade Gaming Laptop. The configuration is impressive with a 17-inch 480x800 LCD screen, 2.8GHz Intel...
Looking back at the ancient civilizations, we often come across their superior town planning. We many times wonder about their superior architectural skills even in those technology low days. Today...
iPhone 4 was the best which rendered everyone thinking what will Apple pull out from their sleeves to make the iPhone 5 appealing to others. Here is something which is...
Aerogels are among the lightest solid materials known to man. They are created by combining a polymer with a solvent to form a gel, and then removing the liquid from...
Now a day’s car-buyers need to hear some good and worth able reason for why they need to buy one particular car. Because there are a lot of options these...