Xiaomi Launches Smart Rice Cooker That Can Be Controlled With Your Smartphone

Xiaomi is trying to build its own brand ecosystem called the Mi Ecosystem where it wants to build products for your entire household. It has started off this initiative by launching the Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker which is a smart rice cooker that can be controlled by your smartphone. The Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker costs 999 Yuan or 10,202 INR which is on the cheaper side of the price spectrum but then again Xiaomi is known for making cheap products that offer you value for money. The product is going to be sold exclusively in China and won’t be making its way around the world.

Xiaomi Rice Cooker 2

The Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker unlike other rice cookers cooks the rice using pressure cooking. Pressure cooking the rice not only preserves the food’s vitamins but also makes the cooking process faster. The Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker uses 1.2 atm pressure to push the temperature up to 105 degrees Celsius for faster cooking. The USP of the rice cooker is the inner pot which has been built by employing 69 procedures. The grey cast iron inner pot is coated with Daikin's Neoflon powder coating to ensure that it remains non-sticky and durable as compared to other contemporary rice cookers.

Xiaomi Rice Cooker 1

Finally there is the companion smartphone app which comes with the Mi Induction Heating Pressure Rice Cooker. Xiaomi says that you can scan the barcode on the rice packaging and the smartphone will instruct the rice cooker to cook the rice in the optimal manner. The app knows the rice type, brand its origin and can cook the rice to your desired softness. The company claims that there already 2,450 combinations of cooking methods for this rice cooker and more will added soon. Xiaomi seems to pretty serious while making the smart rice cooker as it has involved engineers from companies like Apple, Motorola, IBM, Media, Philips, and Sanyo. It has also brought out a new brand name for its range of products called the ‘MIJIA’ which means Xiaomi Smart Home.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in my php webservice data gets added in database but it can not be retrieved it is showing 0 info on advance rest client.
Project Abstract / Summary : Background Finding a free conference room for the meetings in any organization is quite laborious, tedious and has high failure rates. This is because most...
Project Abstract / Summary : IoT PYTHON APP WITH RASPBERRY PI HOME AUTOMATION USING IBM BLUEMIX ABSTRACT: Technology is a never ending process. To be able to design a product...
It seems Intex is on a launching spree, yesterday it was the Intex Cloud Jewel and today it is the Intex Cloud Gem +. The Intex Cloud Gem + is...
Hi everyone, I am very confused and frustrated. I am preparing for GRE.. I pursued Electrical engineering and passed out in 2011. I will be appearing for GRE in Sep...