Would a tech fest only for girls succeed?

My (all-girls) college is conducting the first ever tech fest in India where only girls can participate. We have a list of sponsors, we have a truckload of events and a really impressive guest list. Moreover, we are more organized than our sister concerned co-ed college.

But the nagging question is: Can a tech fest with only girl participants be a success? Do we really need boys to make it work? Will girls ever want to participate in a tech fest which has NO boys? hmmm...

This might be your usual girls vs boys debate, but its with a twist ๐Ÿ˜‰
So spill and share your thoughts!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Ok, my stronger half boldly claims "YES,ofcourse, why cares!"
    But my common sense says" why so"/ why do we actually get the discussion of gender in sense of knowledge
    I mean why do you need to organaise girls only tech fest?
    Not that it will go waste, but why be specific of 'girls only' thing?is it some kind of regulation what your college management has passed and you must abid? then that's OK. It should be fine ๐Ÿ˜€
    because I personally feel, girls are more organised and preplanned ( no offence to any guy who is organised .. its just an observation) and I believe they have good brains too, tech fest should be allright! infact a huge hit ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm surprized you're asking this! If the world says it won't work - then make it work and prove everyone wrong.

But if your team does not believe in itself - I bet my dollar on the failure of your event.

I don't see it's boys-vs-girls. It's just a matter of 'execution'. Why are boys so important in a tech fest anyway?
  • Differential
    Differential
    An event open to both will gather more crowd than one which is open only to girls. But that doesn't mean only-girls event won't suceed. If organizors are admant on this olny-for-girls criteria, okay, go that way. If you can convience them for open-to-all, it's well and good. ๐Ÿ˜€

What do you say?
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Nothing of the sort like Boys or Girls,
    It is the participation that matters!!!

Girls can do anything and we need people to do the work,,,and no matter a
    boy or a girl!!!

This is my view on this,,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    smita89
    Will girls ever want to participate in a tech fest which has NO boys?
    Why, no one for them to drool over? ๐Ÿ˜›

Honestly speaking, having an all girls fest should run pretty fine. Could be pretty fun too with having a sisterhood kind of camaraderie.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Sounds like a great idea, I'm sure it wil go well and the next succeeding ones even better.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    yup why not, this is also a chance for u to prove everyone wrong who ever thinks that girls cannot do these kind of things alone. so best of luck miss smita .
  • smita89
    smita89
    @durga: Yeah its a directive from the management. They are hyper about this all girls issue. And yes lady, girls ARE much better organised and planned than their counterparts. The college management is in fact SO impressed with our thoroughly professional and organized approach that they have have already passed the funds and have in fact started helping us finding the sponsors ๐Ÿ˜ yay!!

@biggie: We are VERY confident of making this event a success. Our team is working very hard and so there is no doubt in our minds that this event will be a nation wide success!!

@differential: The management won't budge on that issue. We too thought of "all girls" as a drawback earlier, but we are getting so much praise and appreciation for organizing such an event which will empower women that we have decided that it is a PLUS point ๐Ÿ˜
  • smita89
    smita89
    @vishnu: That is a very apt observation. Its just that I feel, there are lesser girls at a tech fest because guys seem so easy at hand at various events like robotics, hardware modelling etc. However, if they know that its only girls competitors, maybe they will want to participate.

ash
    Why, no one for them to drool over? ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜ You've reached THE most profound and illuminating truth my friend ๐Ÿ˜

@gohm and paritosh: Thanks so much both of you!! Its this kind of enthusiasm that I'm looking forward to from the crowd too! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    u will surely get this kind of enthusiasm don't worry mam, u gonna rock
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No SMS text on CE Forum, Paritosh.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    ok ok sorry it will not be happening next time sir.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    GO SMITZY GO!!! ๐Ÿ˜

All the best!!!
    *durga plays her drum and marches ahead*
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    hey hey...it's really a great idea!!!
    why cant it be a success?????????
    after all it's all about girlsssssss........๐Ÿ˜€
    and we all know that girlss really rock!!!!
    so be confident and march on!!!!
    success is waiting at the door!!!!:dance:
    i m sure that it will become a grand success!!!
  • smita89
    smita89
    Thanks to everyone!! I hope this event is a success!!
    Moreover, it would help if you guys spread the message around ๐Ÿ˜€
    The website will be up soon.
    Thanks again!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Smita: CE Events section is all yours to spread the word among engineers in over 180 countris ๐Ÿ˜‰ - all for free ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done MSc. in computers from pune university. After that i joined IT. Now i have 5+ years experience in Java/J2EE..i am working as a Senior Software Engineer in...
Hi CEan , I dont know why this happens some times i post on my blog (blogger) but when I go to view on my blog i t show me...
Hi guys, problem being my father. ๐Ÿ˜€ . He is a retired Prof for Commerce and economics and he still prefers to go to private institutions to teach just for...
hi, i am onkar deshpande in BE IT want some mwga project idea
I must have done this a week ago. I presume Shalinis BDAY was on 14 aug .refer to her blog. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHALINI!!! :myparty: