Wireless mobile charger using microwaves.

Project Abstract / Summary : Objective of the project:
This project “Wireless Mobile phone charger" facilitates charging your mobile phone without wires or any other physical contact of your mobile with any medium which supplies current to it, unlike the conventional chargers that can charge only through wires. Instead microwaves are used to charge the mobile phone. This helps us to charge more than 1 mobile at a time.
Advantages:
Since the mobile phone is not directly connected to the power supply, the fluctuations in it will not have much effect on it when compared to the effects when connected directly. Mobile phone can be used even when it is charging without the fear of shock. More than 1 mobile phone can be charged at a time which reduces the number of chargers required, thereby reduces the cost spent to buy number of chargers. Charger circuit is simplified, therefore repairing it becomes easy. The necessity for different pin charger for different mobiles will not be there.
Project Description:
In this project the charger circuit is divided into two small circuits. One circuit is connected to the power supply and the other circuit is placed inside the mobile phone. The circuit connected to the power supply will have a microwave oscillator that emits microwave with frequency of the range 12500-1286 MHz. This will be connected to an antenna that sends the signal to a range of 2 metre. The other circuit that is placed inside the mobile phone consists of a receiver (dipole antenna) that receives the microwave signal and sends it to a Low Pass Filter which has a fixed frequency, sends the signal with the fixed frequency inside and attenuates the higher frequency and sends it inside. Following the LPF is a RF diode that rectifies the AC to DC and sends it to the current limiting resistor. Then the current is sent to another resistor where there is a voltage drop that enables a LED to glow which indicates that the mobile is charging. The current then reaches the mobile phone battery where the charging is done.
Though an additional circuit has to be added inside the mobile phone it will not have any effect on the mobile’s size as it is small in size. In addition to this, the circuit that is connected to the power supply is programmed to have a password similar to WPS that uses the wireless Access Points (AP) of the mobile which provides control over the signal on who can use it. This is important because it many random people connect to your charger then this might slow down your charging process. Thus to charge your phone all you have to do is to ON your wifi in the mobile and type in the password of your charger. Also the circuit which is connected to the supply will have a timer that switches off the charger when no mobile is connected to it for half an hour. Thus saves electricity.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I wanted to facilitate the usage of mobile phone while charging by providing an alternate for charging through wire. Since so many accidents are happening due to use of mobile while charging this will be a useful project to overcome it.

Project Highlights : It would be of much use for the technology freaks who use mobile all the time. Cost effective. Easy to implement. Simpler circuit. Easy maintenance. Many gadgets can be charged with a single device. Since there are lot of advantages in this I think it is good to implement it.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: SASTRA university
City: Tanjore
State: Tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Second Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Man's attempts to communicate with probable interstellar inhabitants will receive a new boost this autumn when a set of messages collected globally will be broadcast to stars through space artistic...
Project Abstract / Summary : To design a wearable device to improve women’s security during harassment situations by providing the help to the victim in a faster way than the...
I'm 2015 pass out I'v 50% throughout and looking for job as java developer.I'v done diploma in java but no luck so far. I'm planning for CDAC Aug 2016 batch....
Project Abstract / Summary : To design a wearable device to improve women’s security during harassment situations by providing the help to the victim in a faster way than the...
Can CEans come up with their opinions of this very imaginative shot by Kenny Rogers on FB?