Wireless antistatic wristbands

Naturally, the antistatic wristbands we know are all scams but can we really build such a device? So, from what i know, both batteries and electrostatically charged objects are just objects with an electrical potential, right? So why not just, use the poitive potential of a battery to counter negative static charge?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Unfortunately one is static and the other dynamic. In the battery it is the chemical energy that becomes electrical energy when only a circuit is completed and the flowing charges complete the journey from the negative to the positive terminal of the battery.

What is easier done is to make the dress antistatic as alo the shoes, link them through anti static socks, and ground the charge.

That would certainly work.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Such products are available in the market:

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have registered for Off drive campus for TCS and not attempted it.whether the rule of 6mnths eligibility is also applied to just registered candidate??
Hello mam,I'm completed 7th semester . In this sem leave i will make it useful  and I will improve me . please mam any internship available for mechanical engineering student...
Hello All. I'm Ajay, A b.tech(ECE) graduate passed out in 2016. I've secured 58% in my graduation which is not making me ineligible for technical job. Could you please suggest...
i m interested to switch my career to software? how can i start?
Where from does torque calculated in a car? And what is the proportionality between torque and performance?