Discuss all electronic gadgets - ask questions, doubts, troubleshooting tips et al. to fellow gadget geeks.
Join this group to post and comment.
Windows 8 Tablet Hardware Specs - Your Take On It?
Following are the salient points of the minimum hardware requirements for a Windows 8 operating system based tablet. I'm curious to know your take on it.
- ARM based tablets won't allow disabling of secure booting. That means you won't be able to install another operating system (dual boot).
- Windows Key + Power Button is your "CTRL+ALT+DEL".
- If NFC is included; the hardware will have physical mark to indicate the point of 'plonk'.
- Each tablet must have: Rotation Lock, Power, Windows Key, Volume UP/DOWN Keys.
- Every machine must run UFEI & there must be at least 10 GB free space after all OS updates have been installed.
- Every Windows 8 Tablet must have one USB 2.0 port, a magnetometer, speakers, Bluetooth 4.0, WLAN, gyroscope and accelerometer.
- 720p resolution minimum for the camera.
- Minimum display resolution for Windows 8 tablet should be: 1366 x 768 px.
- Graphics drivers update possible without rebooting the tablet.
Awaiting comments! 😘