Will these 9 thinking tools be of help?

A mental model is simply a representation of how something works. We cannot keep all of the details of the world in our brains, so we use models to simplify the complex into understandable and organizable chunks. Whether we realize it or not, we then use these models every day to think, decide, and understand our world. While there are millions of mental models, these nine will help you think through problems better.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

First principles thinking is one of the best ways to reverse-engineer complicated situations and unleash creative possibility.

True that! 

PS: I've stopped believing everything after that Laurel / Yanny audio clip. The only truth is that we are living in a simulation. 

X8BY-dt170731.gif

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

I am confused by that Yanny/Laurel clip. For me it changed at 55% volume level. Unless it is a contrived recording with both sounds recorded in reverse volumes 0 to 100

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

For me, it always was 'Laurel' ?

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

I hear 'yammy' instead of 'yanny', no matter on which device I listen to that clip, ? So does yammy mean I have younger ears? ? 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Almost all of our veteran CEans have asked this question. Allow me to describe the change and why it was introduced.The older CrazyEngineers carried a legacy 'forum' design - something...
Today we were going to worlds of wonder we were really excited