Why piezo-electric sensors are not implemented to produce electricity?

It's been years since piezo-electricity and reverse piezo-electricity were developed. It even helped the respective scientists a Nobel Prize for the research, because it enabled us to produce electricity by creating mechanical disturbances in the piezo-crystals. This was a very promising research. However, it isn't yet being used to solve the energy crisis.

I believe that it can very well be used for energy generation purposes. There have been some attempts as well. But there's no large scale implementation yet, except the Israel government, which uses it on the Israel's highways. Also, Michelin plans to put these in their tires. But why can't we develop piezo panels and install it on public places? I think it is possible. The best we've used this tech is in laser-jet printers and ultrasound production.

Is it possible? What do you think? And Why?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Cean Mandar Tulankar has done some work.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jash Mota
    Jash Mota
    A.V.Ramani
    Cean Mandar Tulankar has done some work.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I see... Seems interesting, and resonating with how I want to use it. But they didn't mention if it's piezo electricity. It can also be through EMI. And since the change in depth is much more than one can expect from a piezo-sensor, I think it is the latter one.

Sir, could you please confirm?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jash Mota
    Sir, could you please confirm?
    Why not ask Tulankar himself? It is piezo electric is what he said.
  • Jash Mota
    Jash Mota
    I would be honoured to speak to that man! Would you please provide me the contact details?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Engineer UK is a solid 160 year old Engineering Journal. It recently published a miscellany of inventions from its archives. Remarkable march of technology. Quote: But now we’ve put...
Can anybody be kind enough to highlight me regarding the property difference of structural members mentioned in IS:2062 Gr. A & IS:808(1989) respectively.
Can anybody be kind enough to highlight me regarding the property difference of structural members mentioned in IS:2062 Gr. A & IS:808(1989) respectively.
Growing up in a middle class family with both his parents working, the entrepreneurship 'bug' made his way into the life of Mark Piarejee only after he had completed engineering....
Take a look around, folks! The Internet is full of event listing websites that are ugly and super-useless! We engineers deserve better for our engineers; and that's the reason we...