Why is there a variability on functioning between different OS?

I can't login from Mac, I can't make a new post from iPad. But can do all from android phone.

All activities available on my android phone. Am posting from that. Why this variability?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ sir, It's a bug with our code. We discovered it after you reported. The thing is that when the iPad is held in landscape mode, the 'Ask a Question' button disappears ( it's because of the responsive nature of the website, that it adjusts to screen size ). 

We're figuring out ways to fix the issue. But in the mean time, you could hold the iPad in portrait mode and see the button panel at the bottom. It's a design optimised for mobile phones; but not tablets. ? 

I'll update as soon as this bug is fixed. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Apple always makes things difficult. Can try only in the evening. Shall report.

I posted on the announcement post that I am able to everything from a Dell desktop on Windows and Firefox, which is what this post is also from.

Very good work. It will all settle down.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ sir, it's not Apple. It's actually our design. The biggest challenge is that we've to auto-resize the design to adjust to all the different screen sizes. It's a challenge.

One of the ways we'll be working on that'd fix this issue is to create a PWA - which will be a mobile app but it won't require updating and special downloading. It's in planning stage right now. Let's see how things go.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Right you are, Kausthub. Works in portrait mode. We live and learn. Thanks for patient handholding.

Thanks 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've completed my graduation in mechanical engineering with 60% aggregate...I'm very much interested in automobile industries and automotive designs...what is the right way to place in good automobile companies...?
I have completed my btech 2018 .I want to do job in design field .I have tried all the job website and other resources but I could find any job...
Any one interested in investing in a startup having the solution to this problem? get in touch ..it is multi billion opportunity!!!  -
A mental model is simply a representation of how something works. We cannot keep all of the details of the world in our brains, so we use models to simplify...