Why does iPhone X cost so much?

I don't see any technological innovation. In fact, those fancy displays that Apple advertised are manufactured by Samsung, Apple's top rival. For once, I believe Samsung is way ahead of Apple when it comes to phone technology. The Note 8 seems to be beating Apple in every category and is priced much lower.

- Facial recognition? ( already done )
- OLED display? ( Yes, done)
- End-to-end display? ( old stuff )
- High-end processor? ( half of it goes waste anyway )
- AR ( seen it already )

... Apart from "I own a Rs. 1L phone" pride, what exactly are people going to pay for?

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Here is the short answer: Because they can

The longer answer is as follows. The iPhone X looks a whole lot similar to the #-Link-Snipped-# but it has wider front bezel for the camera and the earpiece. They shall lower that in the next version of the iPhone. Since there is no innovation left for Apple they are removing features to justify the price hike. They removed the headphone jack on the iPhone 7 and on the iPhone X they have removed the home button along with a fingerprint sensor and added facial recognition with terms like TrueDepth. The so called innovation matters only to exclusive iPhone users who think Android is inferior. They did not have an OLED display and Apple blew their minds by giving them one. Innovations are hard to come by, Samsung is working on things like foldable displays but we never hear a peep from Apple doing the same. Then they have used the whole special edition bit. From cars to video games they add the word special edition, game of the year non-sense and charge additional money.
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    thats.. absolutely true.. and i just brought the nokia 6 finally. and it worth buying compare to the launched iphones.....
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Anand Nagda
    thats.. absolutely true.. and i just brought the nokia 6 finally. and it worth buying compare to the launched iphones.....
    WP_20170912_16_34_03_Pro
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Anand Nagda
    Hey, you got it. After using the phone for a while, post a short review of the Nokia 6. I am sure CEans would love to know how the phone behaves in real life.
  • ANAND NAGADA
    ANAND NAGADA
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Hey, you got it. After using the phone for a while, post a short review of the Nokia 6. I am sure CEans would love to know how the phone behaves in real life.
    Sure Bro.. I started using . and i am loving it. will post details review after a couple of days...
    so i started building my nokia family...#Nokialumia730 #Nokia6

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

US smartphone maker, InFocus has unveiled the duo of Snap 4 and Turbo 5 Plus devices for the Indian market at the price tags of Rs 11,999 and Rs 8,999...
Like it or not, you will be faced with a situations where you'll have to deliver a speech or a talk. Some of us might have to do this regularly...
As a quiz lover, i would like to recommend , daily quizzes, it will not only excites us about the daily competition with so many people from across the globe,...
​It's September 15th, which we celebrate as 'Engineers Day' in India. We've decided to make it special for each one of our CEans by announcing three exciting updates: 1. New...