Why can't we upgrade graphic card in laptop?

Hi

i have searched a lot on this topic on internet and found that one can not upgrade graphic card on its laptop?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Its a hardware issue and not a software issue that can be handled the said way.

Try purchasing a new graphic card or ask for additional circuitry that could be 'plugged' to your original device.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Though this is the non-geeky solution, I recommend that you get another laptop as upgrading a laptop usually isn't worth the hassle. 👀

PS: Could you mention the specifications and what exactly is lacking?
  • Kunal Deshpande
    Kunal Deshpande
    i have a normal sony vaio laptop and it has basic configuration with no major graphic card. buying new laptop with best configuration will cost me at least RS:50,000. so basically the question. also ram can be increased in laptop but not graphic card. why?.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kunal77
    so basically the question. also ram can be increased in laptop but not graphic card. why?.
    Usually external GPU is soldered with MoBo or connected by MXM type connectors in Laptops. Hence in most scenario it is not possible to upgrade/add graphics card to the system.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gys please help me out is it would be good to join HCL Talent Care...training fee 1.2 lac please help meout!!!
talent will get proper compensation [Only IITs/NITs] Am a new user of the forum, please drop me message with your portfolio.
Is SPINS, security protocol for sensor network a computer science related topic?is it a recent one?
what is cvt.. ?? gear ratio ..? torque-power relation ..? designing..