Which method is best suitable for analyzing route optimization in urban transport?

Which method is best suitable for anlaysing route optimization in urban transport.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Could you be more specific or say clear on your question?
  • Feather
    Feather
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for bringing in this question. Not much attention has been given to the problem of improving urban transport. Since in most of the cities, the road networks are built one after other in a sequential manner with no planning, these networks are of no use to commuters anymore.
    Commuters have to travel the long routes. Instead of investing in improving the service level of these roads/bridges, the cost of rerouting are low.
  • Feather
    Feather
    We will have to evaluate a shortest distance and shortest route from one point to another point, while taking into account the waiting times for vehicles.

A heuristic algorithm can be worked out using the average transportation cost as the goal.

Waiting for inputs from other civil engineers here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Very often i got crazy like you. I hope my knowledge helps others as much your knowledge helps me. I work on IT and I'm a little geeky.
What I seek is a graphic recording software, mainly for data visualization and visual note taking/scribbling. Should be compatible with Windows, or better, with Mac (not iPad). I tried looking...
i m second year mechanical engineering student want to gain some practical knowledge want idead for mini projects please help me with some topics.
hi friends....i'm making a binary to bcd converter using verilog Hdl...(& then many more) can anyone tell me what exactly is its application?? means how and where it can be...
We are having 250 GB Iomega external HDD which has an encryption utility which works only in windows and doesn't works in ubuntu or mac so we want to remove...