Which Laptop is Best For Architecture Students?
I don't know whether it's a right place to ask this question or not, but if anybody can help. It would be great
My brother is doing bachelors in architecture and he needs a decent laptop for all his projects. Can anybody here suggest me which laptop is best for doing all architecture-related work?
Our budget is $1000
Thanks in advance
Don't worry its the right place for your question.
Coming to your budget i.e. $1000, I would recommend you to take a look at the below-given laptops:
1. Dell i7559-763BLK
- Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
- 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
- 15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen.
- Windows 10 Home
2. Acer Aspire E15
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
Both the laptops mentioned above have a decent configuration to run software like AutoCAD etc.
Also, you can check the Autodesk's official website about the system requirement: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2018.html
Few Other Resources:
He'll mostly run AutoCad and other design software - which means what 8GB memory is the minimum you should go for. @Addy 's suggestions are on spot.
Among the two, I believe the one with NVIDIA GPU is a better choice. It will make AutoCAD run smoother and rendering of designs will be noticeably faster. Do let us know the choice that you make.
Only logged in users can reply.