Which Laptop is Best For Architecture Students?

Hey there,

I don't know whether it's a right place to ask this question or not, but if anybody can help. It would be great

My brother is doing bachelors in architecture and he needs a decent laptop for all his projects. Can anybody here suggest me which laptop is best for doing all architecture-related work?

Our budget is $1000

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Addy smith
    Addy smith

Hi Kriti,

Don't worry its the right place for your question. 

Coming to your budget i.e. $1000, I would recommend you to take a look at the below-given laptops:

1. Dell i7559-763BLK

• Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    • 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
    • 15.6-Inch FHD IPS, Wide-Angle, Anti Glare Screen.
    • Windows 10 Home

2. Acer Aspire E15

• 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
    • 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
    • 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
    • Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
    • Windows 10 Home

Both the laptops mentioned above have a decent configuration to run software like AutoCAD etc.

Also, you can check the Autodesk's official website about the system requirement: System requirements for AutoCAD 2018 | AutoCAD 2018 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Few Other Resources:

(a) #-Link-Snipped-#

(b)#-Link-Snipped-#

(c) What is a good laptop for an architecture student that won't break the bank? [ask] : architecture

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

He'll mostly run AutoCad and other design software - which means what 8GB memory is the minimum you should go for. #-Link-Snipped-# 's suggestions are on spot. 

Among the two, I believe the one with NVIDIA GPU is a better choice. It will make AutoCAD run smoother and rendering of designs will be noticeably faster. Do let us know the choice that you make. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Anton Giuroiu
    Anton Giuroiu

I would strongly recommend you to opt for a really powerful CPU as RAM you can upgrade later on to make sure your workstation is up to speed. This is what I`ve done, throughout the school [6 years] I used two laptops only, that I upgraded as much as possible to keep them up to speed.

Brand wise, I strongly recommend Dell, owned Asus and Dell and the latter simply wins on build quality and utterly demolishes everything on the market when it comes to support and hardware-software optimization. 

From my experience with 1000 usd, I would go with Dell G5587-7866BLK-PUS G5 but here is an extraordinarily well curated list of best laptops for architects, in here you will find option for every budget, I do not agree with all their choices but 90% are spot on:

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Happy architecturing bro!

• Abhishek Singh
    Abhishek Singh

Dear Kirti Sharma

For all architectural field, interior designing, external designing etc. use

Asus Predator 21x

8th Gen Intel Core i5 having 8GB RAM With 1 TB Harddisk with GTX 1050 4GB Graphics Card.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hii, i m Aksa. i got 82% in 10th and  78% in 12th from U.P.Board. and i got 70% in engineering 1st year and 78% in engineering 2nd year. Now...
Electro pages suggests: Smart cities need smart technology to improve the lives of its residents and to streamline the whole operation and maintenance of urban infrastructure. And while you can’t...
Im civil engineering student,you to suggest some theme for college inauguration program 
I want to keep my self updated with the ongoing modification and new innovation in the field of Chemical engineering to enhance my knowledge and for better opportunities in future.
I am in computer science BE 5th sem. I have no interest in coding, is there any opportunities that i can get job without knowing much coding skills. Plz help...