Which Are the Most Hyped Technologies of 2018?

Design News says:

Widespread artificial intelligence and a rise in do-it-yourself biohacking are among the trends we should see gathering big momentum sometime in the next decade. That's according to the 2018 Hype Cycle report released by global research and advisory firm Gartner. For its latest report, Gartner analyzed over 2,000 emerging technologies and came up with a list of 35 that it believes are “must-watch” technologies for the coming years.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Topazy
    Topazy

Blockchain bath and blockchain-based distributed ledger technologies can have tremendous impact on the global trade supply chain. Trade organizations such as Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry have also launched an initiative to leverage blockchain technology to address global trade issues such as high costs and lack of transparency and security.

In addition to making movement of goods more efficient and reliable, blockchain-based solutions are disrupting the world of trade financing. For example, blockchain is being used to simplify the long and tedious process of obtaining a Letter of Credit (LoC), a payment mechanism used in international trade.

• Topazy
    Topazy

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning can be used to optimize trade shipping routes, manage vessel and truck traffic at ports, and translate e-commerce search queries from one language into other languages and respond with translated inventory.

More than efficiencies gains and better consumer services, AI is also being used to make global trade sustainable. For example, Google launched  #-Link-Snipped-#  in 2016, which is a real-time tool using machine learning to combat illegal fishing by providing a global view of commercial fishing activities based on ship movements and satellite data. It can be used by governments and other organizations to identify suspicious behaviours and develop sustainable policies.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have have heard that chilled water bottle dispenser just immerse a thin wooden stick preimmersed in  a chemical to chill the water.  Which chemical it could be?Which Chemical chills...
I have taken JEE Main 2019 exam in previous year can i take the same exam again this year
I have done my SSC with 65%, HSC "F" + 1 year extra on re-exam not cleared, again got admission in Diploma on basis of 10th cleared with 60%  yet...
Materials Engineering/Ceramic. Looking to seek other material besides plastic, ceramic, or stainless steal.
I think that a bike which runs with petroleum is not affordable now a days for the people of poor community since the petrol price in India keeps on increasing...