what should a structural engineer aim at ....?

i mean to say on what should the person focus on during his tenure in post graduation(M.tech)
how should a person develop his skill at design
which subjects are useful (from practical point of view)
please guide me.....

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It depends on what one wants to do at work.
    Structural Engineering covers a large territory, not just buildings.
    Airport design, Chemical/Polymer manufacturing facility design (for support of plant and machinery), Bridges and elevated transport ways, Design for marine or other corrosive environment and so on.
    In the West 3D printing is assuming importance for some applications.
    In addition to a sound background in structural design it is important to acquire some skills with appropriate higher end CAD software.
  • ioahmed31
    ioahmed31
    i want to go in building construction/ detailing , so what should be practiced to become good in detailing
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is not my area. It interests me though. Here is a 400+ page thesis from Sweden which may give some information:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Bitochen
    Bitochen
    if your intrest is in structure you will definetly earn money and fame.
    1.if u r doing masters Frm IIT den take experience of few years and open your own consulting firm.
    2.if u r doing M.S then you will get defineltly good job.
    Bt see your strength and weakness
    n see whether you will be good employee or business.
    regards Главная страница – BitGid.com.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: You know you’re an engineer if you know it’s National Engineers Week. Check out the following tongue-in-cheek indications that you’re an engineer. They were developed primarily by Design News...
Quote:The clock will tick just once a year, with a century hand marking every 100 years, and a cuckoo making an appearance every millennium. Amazon’s Jeff Bezos – a supporter...
The modern trend of therapeutics shows a pile of health monitoring gadgets that to a certain degree reduces our need to visit a doctor every now and then. Be it...
Since most high-end Android smartphones these days have AMOLED or OLED displays it is pretty obvious that users would want a built-in dark mode toggle that would flip from light...
Top scorers of today's quiz themed 'Connect the Pictures' are as follows. Congratulations to all those who made it to top 10.