What is power zerk (transients)? Why does it happen?

Need Help,
Please anyone help me about power zerk

i want to know about power zerk..
what happen when power zerk occure?
why this happen?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    That sounds like a total new thing to me. Could you explain a bit please?
  • vijayppatel13
    vijayppatel13
    sometime suddenly all machine stop..at same time
    so i want to know its reason..
  • lal
    lal
    Is it transient/spike that you are talking about?
    Could you please link some document or source which describes "power zerk"?
  • vijayppatel13
    vijayppatel13
    yes its spike or transient...
    i dont know about its reason but on my experience i know only that sometime due to voltage variation in short time, its power zerk.
  • vijayppatel13
    vijayppatel13
    why this happen and what is its solution..?
    i have problem that at this time all machine stop.
  • lal
    lal
    Well, mostly the sources for transients are load fluctuations. Sometimes faults which are not directly in the immediate network of the power system can cause it too. Not so well designed power electronic circuits are other sources.

Operations as simple as throwing a switch to either power ON or power OFF substantial loads can cause transients in power system. Although most electric components like motors, lightings and other power loads will not mostly have issues when dealing with such transients, the story is different when power electronic components having sophisticated control has to deal with transients. Servo Drive units used in many industrial environments for precision control of machines could possibly be one good example which are easily affected by transients. Manufacturers require proper filters and isolation transformers to be used with them to ensure reliable working.

There once was a case at the place I work when the automatic switching of a power factor correcting capacitor was triggering a transient making one of the Servo Drive driven machines to stop regularly. Using an isolation transformer solved the issue by the way.
  • vijayppatel13
    vijayppatel13
    thank u

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need some of these: 1. Top 10 links of Digital Media forums in the world where people talk and discuss things like we do here in this forum 2....
In November 2012, a loyal member of CrazyEngineers Community @Manish Goyal (a Computer Science Engineer) asked a simple question 'How does TrueCaller work? and we all started discussing how we...
I would like to know about such policies in LIC where investments between 10-50k can be made annually and they can provide good returns in lakhs or a crore after...
Facebook App and WhatsApp Messenger are the most popular apps in India, says a new report published by WhichApp - a service that lets people discover which apps your friends...
i m confused about my career .. i have taken PCM ..lol obviously and i have many more points to disscuss such as can an engineer take bank jobs? what...