what is ipv6 and ipv4?

hi friends,
anybody have idea about what is ipv6 and ipv4?
😒

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Both are the addressing formats for IP addresses.
    IPV4 is presently used 32 bit addressing format. No one really thought all the 2^32 address could be used , hence limited it to 4 bytes only to realise every device which connects to internet uses a unique address -most of the 2^32 addresses have been used up. These addresses were initially divided into various classes in order to divide the address ranges being used by various groups like class A , class B et al. along with other mechanisms like subnets were introduced - people who were intuitive to foresee use up of IPV4 , percieved IPV6 which is made up of 128 bits. ie a total of 2^128 addresses can be assigned.
    though this solves the basic problems , there are still changes to be done to the routing process and older versions of routing tables as such.
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    ya gurga is right.
    ipv4 - internet protocol version 4
    ipv6 - internet protocol version 6
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ^ its durga not gurga X(
  • ankesh.cs2007
    ankesh.cs2007
    hay DURGA sorry, for misspelled name..
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @durga thanks durga
    thank you vary much.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends, some day's ago i watched MI(mission impossible) a hollywood film by tom cruise in that film somebody send email to tom cruise.And after reading that email,email is vanished...
CEans, Here's a new project idea that stuck my mind today, after looking at a surveillance camera in my GYM 😲 . However, I think it can be really useful...
If you haven't yet watched the man running on water video yet, you SHOULD watch it. The company named 'Hi-Tech Sports' introduced a video on YouTube that showed an athlete...
Alright, here comes the declaration: I'm a big zero when it comes to telecommunication engineering. But since my phone has both the SIM card and the MicroSD card, I was...
I just applied for syndicate bank clerical post.I believe that I can perform well in written test.I want to know how to prepare for the direct interviews? what type of...