What is full duplex and half duplex in computer networking.

What is full duplex and half duplex in computer networking.

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Actually Duplex means you are used to send and receive data from a single device.

Half-duplex devices let you send and receive, but only one-way at a time.
    For example, walkie-talkie. You have to push the TALK button to send your message. But as long as you are holding the TALK key, you can't hear what anyone else is saying. You must release the button to receive.

Full duplex devices letting you to send and receive date simultaneously.
    For example, Cell phone. You may send and receive data at the same time.

Both Half Duplex and Full Duplex are two way communicative devices but whats the difference is in Half Duplex, there is only 1 way at a time where as in Full Duplex, we use 2 ways at a time.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary,...
Cool batch file to lock and disguise a folder. Move any files you want to be hidden in your locker, double click the bat again and you will be asked...
I want to develop a search engine using asp.net and sql server can anyone please help me and provide me some guidance as soon as possible.............😕 any kind of help...
Hi guys i just finished my Btech and am waiting for my results, I am pretty sure that i wud get only upto a 60% aggregate... Now the thing is...
I want to know how a protocol works.by triggring a command or what.