What is clock circuit made up of ?

Is quartz crystal resonator in clock circuit an oscillator? If not then what kind of analog or digital circuitary does the clock circuits in various computing devices are made up of?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Yes, crystal oscillators are natural oscillators. In computing devices, its generally used with PLL's since the oscillation strength of the crystal is not very strong.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its basically a capacitor phenomena where two plates differentiation concept,but here we do have a quartz crystal thin paper like material where it get suppressed as a piezoelectric effect as in vibration to get the desired oscillations.further reference go through the following sites....
    Piezoelectric Transducer-Quartz Crystal,Piezoelectric Effect,Working,Advantages
    Piezoelectricity Materials

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A mathematical editor, Gescal in action. Developed at Integrated Ideas, this prototype demonstrates that gestures are not mere toys. It could possibly pave way for the one of the most...
hiiii..... i need to know the details of chemical engg mini projects details as i am going to apply for the summer fellowship programme in IITM,as u all know it...
HOW CAN I MAKE MA PROJECT ABOUT SIX SENSE BETTER
how i can get summer training in tata motors,india, when i do not have any jack in the leading company. please suggest something.
/* To calculate sum of five digits*/ int num,a,n; int sum=0; system("cls"); printf("Enter a five digit number\n"); scanf("%d",&num); a=num%10; n=num/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a; a=n%10; n=n/10; sum=sum+a;...