What are you expecting from 5G technology ?

We are moving towards full 5G release, major milestone is about to freeze in a month.

As a common man, what are you expecting from 5G technology ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Frankly speaking, I don't have any expectations from 5G. It'd just be just another faster Internet for me. 

The real advantage of 5G is going to be IoT, and we're at least 5 - 8 years away from IoT actually making a significant difference to our lives. 

I'd however be an early adopter of 5G, for sure. 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I think #-Link-Snipped-# might be looking forward to 5G. He's been working on electronics stuff for quite some time. 

• yorha 2b
    yorha 2b

#-Link-Snipped-# Any specific reason why you're assuming that we are 5-8 years away from IoT making a significant difference in our lives ?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I'm guessing we're about 2 years away from commercial 5G launch and that'd mean for 5G to wide-spread; it will take another 2 years. I'm guessing India will be quick to adopt to 5G; but one important thing to remember is that 5G will need new equipment. 

In most of the Indian homes, consumer electronics is bought with a decade long expectancy. That means, if I buy a fridge; I'm not going to replace it for the next 10 years. I've a Sony TV that we bought ~ 6 years ago and it performs like a brand-new TV. I won't be willing to swap it for a 4K TV because there aren't big returns on the investment (in terms of picture quality, overall viewing experience etc.)

The point I want to make is this - for most people to buy smart gadgets, we'll have to wait till 5G becomes a common word in India. That's the reason, I'm guessing we're about 5-8 years away from IoT becoming common in India. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys/galsim an student and ive got a project about how to stop the Rebar  from turning in an automatic rebar bending  machine after or while its straightened, i did...
I did a fresh install of MacOS on my Macbook. After completing the install, I encountered a strange problem - half of the keyboard was dysfunctional. I experimented with Keyboard...
With 20000 cost of that project.Having any technical one I want plsss tell me
I have completed bachelors in the stream of electrical and electronics engineering. Currently  I'm in dilemma which course I have to do. Please give me any advice!!!!