What are the different courses in software engineering that we can choose (for a person with no specific intersts)?

Replies

• Aparna Gontina
    Aparna Gontina

I think it will helpful if you learn cloud technology 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# There are plenty of courses available. The hot topic these days are machine learning and cloud computing. You could check out certification courses available online. If cloud computing is what you choose, you might want to start with AWS Certification - Validate AWS Cloud Skills - Get AWS Certified because it's got plenty of help available both on YouTube and various websites. 

If programming is what you want to do - go with a certification program in Java or .Net. Those will be very useful.

For many, programming isn't an option. They could choose to get into Software QA (testing) and take the ISTQB certification. You should be able to find information about these programs online by simply searching for certification on Google.

I hope this helps. If you want any more information, ask it below. 

• aanya mittal
    aanya mittal

How is the course of cyber security? What's the scope of this scope in terms of job prospects and where can I pursued this?

• aanya mittal
    aanya mittal

How is the course of cyber security? What's the scope of this course in terms of job prospects and where can I pursue this?in India or out of India?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Blockchain seems to be all pervading.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# is the right person to guide you on career in cyber security. He's a cyber security expert and you should listen to his advice. 

• aanya mittal
    aanya mittal

#-Link-Snipped-# please guide me 

• Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade

Hi Aanya,

In general , people consider "Ethical Hacking" as "Cyber security". However it is much more than that.

It has many components such as Vulnerability Assessment, Pentesting, Auditing, Digital forensics, Disaster Recovery Management, Cyber regulations and laws etc..

THere are many certifications that one  can opt for, such as,

CEH : Certified Ethical Hacker

LPT : License Pnetration Tester

CCNA Security 

CHFI : Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator

comptia security+

CISA : Certified Information Systems Auditor

CISSP : Certified Information System Security Professional

Also there are many Global Information Assurance Certifications 

QSA : Qualified Security Accessor (PCI DSS) for Banking, Financial institutions.

In addition you may go for Cyber Law, however for that you need to have LLB degree to practice Cyber law (Diploma in Cyber Law) will not help much.

FOr every certifications you have different pre-requisite such number of years of experience before you take the exam.

I would suggest to go for CEH , if you are keen in technical stuff.

However it is better if you have some basic understanding how networks. May be Sys-admin job experience will help here.

Do let me know in case  of any queries. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need a list of colleges that require only 12th grade marks for admission
I  haven't done a single project. I want to start doing projects in c and python.
The British wordplay and recreational mathematics expert Leigh Mercer (1893–1977) devised the following mathematical limerick:  (12 + 144 + 20 + 3 x41/2)/ 7 + ( 5 × 11 )...