What are Sustainable Building Materials?

From what I see and know, the construction industry must be relying heavily on energy-intensive materials and resources. I can't imagine how large environmental costs must be involved in building every single building and skyscraper.
By costs I mean the ones involved in extracting, producing, manufacturing, transporting, installing and recycling these materials.

There must be some overall evaluation of the total energy, environmental impact and long-term efficiency of the material and its creation process.
What are the most used and also less-knows sustainably managed materials?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

being an electrical & electronuc engineer , is it necessary to have knowledge of matlab and auto cad... is that going to harm my job prospects. is there any online...
I am Sive Ndlela pursuing my bachelor of electrical and electronics engineering degree at the university of swaziland...just wanna hook up with the top dogs here
i am M tech student, i want to publish research paper but don't know how? help me by giving your suggestions.
😲 After studying software simulation head went hot everything-only if infinite number of samples...uh huh...human brain= core i∞ processors where ∞ ->total no of human Domains of neurons...also adding with...
The latest design software and hardware make things so realistic that users have to be warned about the hazard of trying to get into the virtual creations. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1012456.article?cmpid=TE01