What are precautionary steps for malware detection?
precautionary steps for malware detection .. can anyone help please
You can take precautionary steps to prevent malware -
- Install a good anti-virus / anti-malware software
- Keep it (the anti-virus) software updated
- Keep your operating system up to date
- Scan entire computer periodically (every weekend) for any kind of suspicious software
- Avoid inserting external pen-drives borrowed from friends
- Do not visit non-trustworthy websites
- Do not open email attachments from unknown sources.
- Gmail typically prevents malware, but be extra careful while opening attachments. In general, open them in your browser in 'preview' mode.
- Avoid accessing Internet on your phone or laptop from the public, free wi-fi hotspots. You never know which Internet connection you are connected to - it could have been disguised as authentic WiFi
- Always use strong passwords for all your online accounts.
- Do not download software from untrustworthy websites. In general, you should avoid downloading cracked software.
Does this help?
Only logged in users can reply.