wave guide

I am an electrical engineer and I couldn't find an answer to one question in my text book. Wave guide acts like which type of filter? Does anyone here know the answer to it? What is it really?

Replies

• sreeraghuma
    sreeraghuma
    Hi,
    To find answer to your question i reopened my text books,
    i got the answer stating that: wave guide behave like a high pass filter !
    and i didn't find any explanation about it 😡
    but for sure its high pass filter 👍
  • hsirah5
    hsirah5
    Wave guides are devices used for transporting electromagnetic energy and generally is a metal having a rectangular or circular cross section (hollow one). they are used at microwave frequencies @ greater than 300 MHz (commonly @ 8 GHz or higher). Hence act as high pass filters avoiding low frequency noise signals.
    Waveguides are wideband devices that can carry or transmit power and Communication signals.
  • yahia zakaria
    yahia zakaria
    taking a small sample of the wave guide or any microwave transmition line it represent an inductor in series with a capacitor so the entire guide will represent a cascaded L-C circuit and this is HPF

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today, one of our lecturers asked this question in classroom. It was - What is the magnetic equivalent of ohm's law? I am clueless about the answer to this. Can...
Don't mess with women! Very Funny and May be True! 😛​ ​​ A lady driver gets pulled over for speeding by cop! Woman: "Is there a problem, Officer?" Officer: "Ma'am,you...
1-what is the best compiler used with eclipse c\c++ i used mingw but not ok (Can't find a source file at "../mingw/crt1.c" Locate the file or edit the source lookup...
Hi everyone! İ need to help one point,i must find the one second order differential equation when solved the sallen and key high pass filter..Anyone can help me?Thanks a lot...
Please check if my answers are correct and tell me if it is correct to give the answers to two decimal places?