Versatile materials

Give views on the most versatile material used in production these days..
Kindly adhere to the following format:
  1. Which material do you think can be shaped up into max products.
  2. Reason the above statement.
  3. Talk about its costs as compared to other available materials and technologies.
  4. Shed light on new materials that you have come across.

Replies

• mechannikhil
    mechannikhil
    Common guys! Don just view this and leave.. You gotta be active.
  • geococeo
    geococeo
    i work generally recycled materials, and not newly restructured, direct from the past straight out of the junkyard, the junkyard is the most versatile warehouse for materials there is, already built parts already engineered devices to fit into new applications
  • gohm
    gohm
    Well, i think you would be disappointed to know my vote would be to boring old fashioned steel. Cheap, reusable and has made a huge impact to society. Steel is in the vast majority of things engineers design and society builds. It has held that dominance for a very long time, even longer if you include the cousins of copper/bronze/iron. In the future if it could be generated with less pollution and without mining it would be even better. I'm very anti plastics so that is why I did not choose that. Concrete & wood are my runners up. Advanced media like ceramics & composites are just currently too new and specialized to have a large impact, plus their costs of production are very high.

geo- good for you!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You can thank Gravity for keeping you "grounded" or curse it for being "overweight" 😉 Comment on the pros and Cons of Gravitation..
Do you think students are right in changing their fields at the time of campus recruitments? I mean alot of engineers, apart from IT and Computers, switch over to IT...
Hoping someone here might be able to help.... Not sure if any of you have seen this product (Loc8tor https://www.loc8tor.co.uk/) but I have one that I brought to keep track...
Heres the thing. I want to make a homemade speaker cabinet. My plan it to put 2, 10" vintage speakers, 2, 12" bass speakers. My plans for the dimensions were...
HI folks! I'm Nikhil B currently into BE mechanical (thats why "MechanNikhil") frm the university of mumbai. I've been searching for a blog and a platform for discussion for quite...