Valencell & iRiver ON Audio Headset Captures Your Heart Rate While You Listen To Music

Two companies - Valencell and iRiver Ltd. have come together to bring a unique Bluetooth Audio Headset that captures the wearer's hear rate while he or she is listening to music. Valencell - the company known for being an innovator of mobile health and fitness technology and iRiver Ltd. which is an award-winning global consumer electronics company had introduced the ON music headset at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, this January. ON Headset is the first one to be powered by Valencell's PerformTek Precision Biometrics sensor technology. Using these sensors, the iRiver ON earphones accurately monitor more real-time physiological data than any other fitness monitor – heart rate, distance, speed, cadence, VO2 max (aerobic fitness level) and calories burned.

Therefore the next time you want to check how many calories you've burnt while listening to your favorite music on the treadmill, ON headset is something you can carry with you. Apart from being able to monitor one's real-time heart rate, it will also be able to keep track of physical location and workout data. "We're excited to partner with Valencell to launch such a compelling product into the mobile fitness marketplace," said Henry Park, iriver's CEO. "There's been great demand, so we're thrilled to be the first to market."

iriver-on
The iRiver ON features a simple design which offers all the biometric feedback, in addition to iRiver’s legendary listening experiences, boasting convenient music and call controls to boot. Apart from that, the iRiver ON would also arrive with its own complementary fitness application for both iOS and Android smartphones. The monitored data will be displayed on the user's paired mobile device via this accompanying app, which can be used to track progress and create a personalised fitness training programme. If used as a training aid, the app will deliver voice prompts to the user as they're exercising, letting them know how close they're getting to their goals. The iRiver ON price is officially declared to be $199.99.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Institute Of Railway Research (IRR) has undertaken a new ambitious project, called Capacity4Rail with two aims: 1. To make laying of railway lines quicker & easier 2. To make...
Hi, i'm looking for suggestions for doing M.S in computer science. What are all the things i need to do?
Anand Mahindra's got big plans for his company and his latest foray is into manufacturing of small aircrafts in India. Mahindra Aerospace will began manufacturing 8-seater small aircrafts in India...
Imagine yourself in a movie theater indulging in the latest blockbuster and someone sitting besides or below you takes out his/her smartphone and starts texting. The bright light of the...
Hello everybody I would like to know where are local arrays (I mean the arrays that are declared inside a function just to as intermediate variables) stored? in registers or...