trumpet oil composition

well i actually happen to have a trumpet whose valve keys are stuck. on youtube i got to learn that in order to free those valves, i need to purchase a special oil meant for trumpets and other brass instruments.

what i want to know is , will it be safe if i used some ordinary lubrication oil, such as the ones used for sewing machines ? please advise

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You can try WD40 oil or spray available from Amazon, Flipkart and others.
    I have used it decades back for delicate jobs at work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wondering if we have any badminton players in our community. I've been playing badminton for the last one year and I absolutely love it. Maybe we could learn from...
Here's a list of top scorers. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the list. Those who didn't, start preparing for the next one. It's going to be even more...
Quote: To some, this notion will seem ridiculous—but to others, it will seem true beyond doubt. Paul Watson from Sea Shepherd leans toward the latter category, and it’s quite evident...
Thank you for the tremendous response to the Quizzr - our free quizzing platform for everyone. Following is the list of top scorers of Quizzr's Quiz that took place on...
The Employment Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has come with good initiative. From next month onwards if someone changes the job, his PF account will be automatically transferred to the new...