Toshiba's LT170 Leaves The Tablet Market Puzzled!

When it comes to tablet market, Toshiba has always had some different strategies. Either they want to do something different which normally goes wrong or they simply don’t understand the market. Earlier there were two pretty thick tablets Toshiba Thrive 10 and Toshiba Thrive 7 which were moderately successful. Then there was much talked ultra-thin Toshiba Excite 10 LE and no one has seen it since it was first released 6 months ago! Now Toshiba has launched a new 7-inch tablet named LT170.

[​IMG]

So, what’s different about this tablet? Well, first of all it wasn’t announced officially. But Toshiba LT170, tablet 7 pollici con Android e CPU Freescale - Notebook Italia found one on sale in Italy. Yes, it’s only available at some retailers in Italy! The tablet has a 7-inch capacitive multi touch 1024*600 pixel display along with a 1 GHz Freescale i.MX53 ARM Cortex processor and 512 MB DDR3 RAM. It has a storage capacity of 8 GB. There are a lot of ports including mini USB, mini SD and Micro SD card slot. There is a Lithium-ion battery which can provide video playback up to 7 hours. It also has 0.3 megapixel front and 2 megapixel rear camera. The tablet is powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread. By looking at the specs, it can be said that this tablet should have been launched in 2010!

A good thing about the tablet is its weight. LT170 weighs just 388 grams (0.86 pounds), which makes it the lightest tablet among all the other 7-inch tablets. The price is the biggest issue with this tablet. Toshiba LT170 is priced at EURO 299 ($400), which is quite higher than the present market value. The tablet will start shipping by the end of the march and can also be pre-booked. But with $400 in hand, you can easily find something else with new and better features.

Credit: Toshiba LT170, tablet 7 pollici con Android e CPU Freescale - Notebook Italia

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First of all, let me make it clear that it's not a joke! In order to avoid the authorities to shut them down, one of the most popular torrent site...
Dell has launched the XPS 13 Ultrabook in India and the price starts at Rs. 79,900 (Intel Core i5) for the basic model to about Rs. 99,900 (Intel Core i7),...
We thought that the much awaited Android 4.0 (ICS) firmware upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Note would follow soon after the Samsung Galaxy S2. However, it's now official that the Galaxy...
We first heard about this tablet at CES 2012. And just two months later, we have an official announcement from Acer about the 'Acer Iconia A510 Tablet' being launched in...
Adobe is back with the latest version of its popular graphics editing program, Photoshop CS6 Beta. Adobe Systems Incorporated has made Photoshop CS6 public and free to download, for both...