Three Mistakes of My Life - Chetan Bhagat : Reviews & Feedback

So,

While Chetan Bhagat is all set to face the CEans, let's see what CEans have to say about his latest book - Three Mistakes Of My Life!

I haven't yet read it 😔 but I'd surely like to know from CEans who've read the book. So far I've heard that the book totally rocks! [​IMG]

So chip in your comments!

Replies

• suyash
    suyash
    of course the book totally rocks...

though the story and the charecters are similar to earlier books, this one differs in the sense that it's based on some heart wrenching real life events. And some of the pages really stir your soul..

my favorite one was when the 12 yr kid, Ali, shows unbelievable patriotism in front of the aussie selectors... though its a bit far feched for the boy to have such high levels of maturity and respect, I guess, India is no longer a bad place to live !!

and since the main theme is cricket, it got me hooked right away, one look at the cover, I had decided to buy it even before I saw the author's name... Call it judging the book by its cover ... 😎
  • moksh
    moksh
    Chetan Bhagat is an amazing master of Words... well u find ur self a part of the play and actually feel what the character is feeling...

absolutely amazing
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I have read the book. The book is not good.. 😔

As we all know, movies are being made on first 2 books of Chetan bhagat. So for his 3rd book, author has written the story keeping in mind that film will be also made on this book and the there exactly he fails. Author tries to mixture lots of things( i will say movie masala) in one book friendship, love, cricket, religion, buisness, betrayal, real natural accidents ( earthquake and religional riots in gujrat), patriotism etc.etc. So at the end reader feels like "Is it the last book of Chetan Bhagat?","Why author has tried to tell 2-3 stories in one book?".

The book doesn't have comic touch at all which was the USP of first 2 books of author.

The book is all about the friendship between Govind(passionate for buisness), Ishaan(passionate for cricket) and Omi(passionate for religion).
    Author wasted his much part of the story in describing love life of govind. Character of Omi is not described well, author looks confused about it. In the beginning of story he was supposed to be passionate for religion but as the story progresses he has lost it for no reason. Character of Ali (kid who takes coaching from ishaan of cricket) shown like having ability to hit six on every ball bowled to him and within seven days australian academys show interest in him and became ready to give citizenship of australlia to him. Obviously Ali refuses it, because author is patriotic ... oops I mean Ali is patriotic. In australlia, Govind suddenly realizes his love for vidya (ishaan's sister). Climax of the book is more pathetic. It exactly looks like climax of some 80-90's indian movie.

In all and all, as the story progresses, we keep losing interest in story.
    Book never meets expectations of reader.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    kedarjk
    I have read the book. The book is not good.. 😔
    Agreed....Book is good, but not so good as the other two books were...

-Crazy
  • pushpendra
    pushpendra
    i haven't really read this book but looking 4 it soon i guess chetan bhagat would have done marvel this time too!!!!!!!!!!
    amazing person
  • mechannikhil
    mechannikhil
    The book is good.. But i guess chetan messed up a bit with this one.. the previous books were so hookey even without cricket..
    Besides this concept of three friends, caught up in life's offerings, is a road that has been treaded oh so often!
    Nontheless a good one for a chetan bhagat fan..
    Otherwise, you could live the rest of ur life without knowing wat was in it..
  • neelu.
    neelu.
    hey Chetan bhagat rocks...his books are really nice
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    TO be honest i didn't like the book at all..After reading the previous two books of Chetan Bhagat obviously expectations were high but to me this book wasn't that great... !!!
    I would say it was one of " the mistakes " by Chetan Bhagat!!😔
    He is definitely better than that!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    chetan bhagat some what loosing his grip in this book

i like Five point most after that One night and three is at three
  • gracelyne
    gracelyne
    I've been looking forward to writing this for weeks...I 've read Chetan's works in chronologically reverse order..(not a good practice for a good reviewer-wannabe)Well well well.. Where can I begin??? Ok ..so here goes.. there is a certain nexus that is followed in the order of the review.Try figuring that out.

Three mistakes of my life.. Probably because I began with this book of his, that sums up for the time gap between reading this one and the rest of his works..In any case that doesn't mean it was a bad piece of work..I for one, was impressed with the style of writing - that had the right amount of Indian touch in it... but there was a certain charisma that I felt was missing(strictly personal)...This one's just another installment in showcasing the everyday life of some of the most inconspicuous people of India.Business,cricket and religion -all blended in an unhealthy proportion.. After reading the book, I kind of felt that it had just one major objective:Making the Indian youth vigilant and aware of some of the biggest problems that plague its society.And..Job well done indeed !The title in itself is a terrific head turner.

Five Point Someone-What not to do in an IIT (the debut book)was another great piece of writing, not from the literary dimension but from the normal not so brainy types dimension(me included in that club).Even though I'm non-IIT ian, this book is closer to the heart of the 3..there was so much I could identify myself with in the book.Totally loved the way he criticized the mugger-friendly education system in India..And yea..The way he managed to put the un-phrased thoughts sitting in the minds of many of us is something that puts me in awe..:O I'm a downright lover of one-liners..(My gtalk statuses speak volumes about that,in any case) and this one's sprawled with a handsome amount of it making my read all the more fun !! 😀

One night @ the call center - This 289 pager is a tale of six people working in a call center called “Connexions” in Gurgaon. A story of screwed-up love life ,pain, sorrows, ambitions, personal trauma and the happiness - you name it !!This is the best of them all...I read this on my return journey from Chennai.. Man Was it fun!...Struck chords again !! 😉.Management jargons, quasi Managers, Bosses who are real pain in the neck, how the society sees a call center guy…all these covered…I believe One Night@ the Call Center is fab!

One thing I noticed is that,Chetan always compares girls to something.. :O In 5ps ,"girls and icecreams are good to have..and esp together..." it went something like that..In ON@CC it was "Girls and automobiles are so much fun at night" !!!

There are lofty many things that make Chetan Bhagat a wonderful writer targeting Indian youth. His writing isn’t the same as JKR, where you apparated into a totally different world, isn’t the same as fantasy writers, who spend a large portion of their publications just explaining the jargon and commodities that they imagined, and neither is it like those philosophical It just feels almost, but not quite, entirely unlike Me, and many others who are a part of the growing India. I would be waiting to read more from him… I wish he updated his 'once a year updated' blog more often!

More of this continued From My Lounger: Chetan Bhagat 's threesome😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This book may be Chetans first mistake of his life , if to rate that book its average.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    this was my first book to be read which was penned by Chetan.
    I felt it was ok types. Took almost 2 days to complete

But my friends who have come all the way form first book says, the previous ones were good
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    If anyone will ask my comments

1. "Five Point Someone"- its rocking man 😁
    2. "One Night at Call centre" -not even worth of reading 😡

3. "Three mistakes of my life"- ok ok..Good book for cricket lovers.😉
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If anyone will ask my comments

1. "Five Point Someone"- its rocking man 😁
    2. "One Night at Call centre" -not even worth of reading 😡

3. "Three mistakes of my life"- Still waiting for this book.😉
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    hey Godfather , you copy pasted the two lines and changed the third one , anyways good opinion buddy😎😎
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    godfather
    chetan bhagat some what loosing his grip in this book

i like Five point most after that One night and three is at three
    godfather
    "Three mistakes of my life"- Still waiting for this book.😉
    Hey godfather,
    Are you confused with your comments on Chetan Bhagat Sir's third book? Your two posts saying different things.😉
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Nop shalini i had read just first some pages of third one i felt boring so leave it thats why... 😉
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Good catch Shalini 😎😎.
    And by the way how the Doomsday Consiprancy by Sidney Sheldon i just got it yesterday i need to start that now.
  • pria123
    pria123
    three mistakes of my life wast the 1st Chetan Bhagat i read... couldn't put the book down once i started reading it...!! waiting to read five point something.
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    Its not that much good like 5 point someone but better than one night @ call center.
    Its a good book but sometime in between it losts its grip & feels boaring.

Overall- A good book to read one time..:smile:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is aimed at those in need of ideas for mini projects or final year projects in embedded systems or microcontrollers Microchip has launched a competition where the participants are...
hello guys very good morning
sir i like to do mini project. so give me ideas about how to do it?
hi friends
i am going to do a miniproject in online telecommunications where i need to store credit card numbers of customers.Is there any open source encryption software available or is there...